Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm rebuilding the Ka24e out of my 92 HB 4x4 and I'm thinking about just removing the EGR valve completely. Mainly because its clogged up and a new one runs $100 +. My plan is to block both the intake and exhaust manifold ports for the EGR valve and tube.

I've searched this forum and others and found some threads on it, but nothing really on engine performace and "side effects". My state does not require emissions tests and the truck is not a daily driver.

Have any of you done this before? How does the engine perform without the EGR and what does the ECM do to counter the effects of not having the EGR?

Thanks,

·
Hardbody Freak
2,675 Posts
exhuast gast recirculator valve is for emissions and mileage..

it should not affect the performance..

i think some how have done it have experienced a high idle ..

if you were just to ask around one of us could probably fiind you an egr valve

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm rebuilding the Ka24e out of my 92 HB 4x4 and I'm thinking about just removing the EGR valve completely. Mainly because its clogged up and a new one runs $100 +. My plan is to block both the intake and exhaust manifold ports for the EGR valve and tube.

I've searched this forum and others and found some threads on it, but nothing really on engine performace and "side effects". My state does not require emissions tests and the truck is not a daily driver.

Have any of you done this before? How does the engine perform without the EGR and what does the ECM do to counter the effects of not having the EGR?

Thanks,
Unclogg it. My truck had spurts of trouble accelerating until I replaced mine. I bought anew one, and had it shipped, but when I took mine off it was just clogged up from a small vaccum line that fell apart inside.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts