1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few ? about AD stuff for B14's

1. Are they shortened, how much?

2. Are the cases bigger,how much?

3. If I get GC/AGX set-up now would I be able to switch out the AGXs for AD stuff?

4. What material are the cases made out of?

I think thats all for now, thx in advance(no pun intended)

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike,
You see I am sick and tired of not doing things right the first time with my car, so this time around I want to do it right. This means that I may just save up the big $$$ and go with the same setup you have on your 99 SE-L, but with different spring rates of course(not that I know what yours are, but I am sure I would be going softer).. Any way I thought of some more questions...

How much can u adjust the them with respect to the valving,would they be able to handle a 150lbs spring rate change just through adjustment? Or would you lose alot of adj and therefore be better of revalving them?

What is the deal with the "Offset Strut Housing"? I imagine it is for tire cleareance.

Does anyone have pictures of the AD struts and shocks for a B14? I would really like to see them.

This is what I am thinking of doing for the suspension on my car.
GC coilovers
AD dampers
GC C/C plate
GC sways or Stillen rear and either stock front or ST front
I already have front and rear STBs that will work witht the C/C plates
Lower control arm brace
poly bushings

So Im probly looking at $3500 worth of stuff here, but at least my suspension wont suck :D

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx again,
I didnt even know about the Progress bar. Thanks for letting me know.

About the rear axle. I am kinda confused about this line:

"On a B14 you proably want to bend the rear axle to get rid of the 1/4" of toe in that they have and to run spring rates identical or nearly identical to the front spring rate to get rid of the understeer."

Do you mean to say: Without bending the axle I would need to run nearly identical rates. Or: After bending the rear axle, If I want to get rid of the understeer I will need to run nearly identical rates.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gotcha!

Since Eibach springs are availible in 25lbs increments(right?) That means I could play around with many different rates. Like try 325 rear then 350 rear and see which I like better. This gets back to one of my other questions about the dampers.. Could I just adjust them(I know this would be a small rate change) or would I be better off revalving for the new rate? How big of a rate change can the dampers take before one should think about revalving? Cuz maybe I would have a set of racing springs and a set of street springs.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Taking it all apart and realigning the car isnt a problem. I can just bring it into the shop(where I work) after work and do it whenever I fell like it. Thanks for all of the answers. :D

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
BTW,
Why cant I find any info on that progress sway bar, the only one I can find is for B13's Anyone???

The B13 will fit on the B14

Mike

Editing my post, why you.....LOL :D Thanks for the info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts