Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know if it possible to put a Rb2060DETT with the AWD drivetraine in an 89 240sx

And if itis possible about how much am i looking to spend

·
Registered
405 Posts
drifterdan said:
I need to know if it possible to put a Rb2060DETT with the AWD drivetraine in an 89 240sx

And if itis possible about how much am i looking to spend
I think you are talking about a rb26dett mckinney motor sports has just engines starting at 6500 the price goes up to 8500 for full swap stuff i am pretty sure this is not a clip. I belive you would need a clip which would be more expensive. Then you have the swap custom fab, misc other things. I would say atleast in the 15,000- 20,000 area if done right could be much more. If your want awd nissan they made a sr20det awd turbo car or see if you can get an old skyline imported or save time money headache buy and evo or sti.

·
Pivot 180
2,258 Posts
The drive train is in no way bolt in. Youd be spending thousands on custom fabrication of parts to get the AWD drivetrain to fit in

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
zlr101 said:
I think you are talking about a rb26dett mckinney motor sports has just engines starting at 6500 the price goes up to 8500 for full swap stuff i am pretty sure this is not a clip. I belive you would need a clip which would be more expensive. Then you have the swap custom fab, misc other things. I would say atleast in the 15,000- 20,000 area if done right could be much more. If your want awd nissan they made a sr20det awd turbo car or see if you can get an old skyline imported or save time money headache buy and evo or sti.
Once again, McKinney Motorsports can choke and die. McKinney be damned! I'll say it again: ZeroLift AutoLabs sells R33 RB26DETT with transmission, ECU, and LSD for $3750. Not $6500, not $8500, and certainly not $15,000-25,000.
For speculation (retarded, I know, but I'm not planning on doing this, DrifterDan is) let's walk through this swap on paper. Buy the ZeroLift kit for, $4,000 shipped. Buy an RB25DET transmission for $750 shipped from Fueled Performance in Arizona. One piece driveshaft $300 also from Fueled Performance. Torsen helical limited slip differential, $500 shipped. Pour into 240SX, stir for 3-5 minutes. Connect 255lph fuel pump, connect ECU wires to transmission, turn key, shred tires through 3rd gear.
This isn't that complicated. If I had $5,000, I would do this swap into my 240SX and prove that it can be done. ZeroLift Autolabs also performs the RWD RB26DETT swap. It's not that far removed from any of the other swaps, just the 4WD is impossible. The front driveshafts don't line up anywhere near the 240SX wheels.
With RWD, I am firm believer that this swap shouldn't be regarded as "impossible," "impractical," or by any means "impracticable." The RB26DETT is the unquestionable Father God of the JDM Nissan turbo engines. If you have $5,000 and the dream of a 320hp 240SX, you CAN make it happen.

·
Registered
405 Posts
bridrive55 said:
Once again, McKinney Motorsports can choke and die. McKinney be damned! I'll say it again: ZeroLift AutoLabs sells R33 RB26DETT with transmission, ECU, and LSD for $3750. Not $6500, not $8500, and certainly not $15,000-25,000.
For speculation (retarded, I know, but I'm not planning on doing this, DrifterDan is) let's walk through this swap on paper. Buy the ZeroLift kit for, $4,000 shipped. Buy an RB25DET transmission for $750 shipped from Fueled Performance in Arizona. One piece driveshaft $300 also from Fueled Performance. Torsen helical limited slip differential, $500 shipped. Pour into 240SX, stir for 3-5 minutes. Connect 255lph fuel pump, connect ECU wires to transmission, turn key, shred tires through 3rd gear.
This isn't that complicated. If I had $5,000, I would do this swap into my 240SX and prove that it can be done. ZeroLift Autolabs also performs the RWD RB26DETT swap. It's not that far removed from any of the other swaps, just the 4WD is impossible. The front driveshafts don't line up anywhere near the 240SX wheels.
With RWD, I am firm believer that this swap shouldn't be regarded as "impossible," "impractical," or by any means "impracticable." The RB26DETT is the unquestionable Father God of the JDM Nissan turbo engines. If you have $5,000 and the dream of a 320hp 240SX, you CAN make it happen.
I think it would be super impractial to make a 320hp awd 240sx like joel said tons of custom fab and all kinds of kinks to work out, i would bet for certain it would cost at least 10grand even if u do alot of the work. I like nissan but it would be easier to make it rwd.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just throwing this out there dont know if possible but what if u took the rw axle and turned it around and put it in the front

like i said just throwing this out there

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
drifterdan said:
just throwing this out there dont know if possible but what if u took the rw axle and turned it around and put it in the front

like i said just throwing this out there
how would you turn?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
i dont feel like making a new thread so i got a question.

Just installed hotshot headers on my s13, i have straight 2.5" piping.......and i mean STRAIGHT nothing there no cat no shit like that.......just piping....and the Apexi N1 at the end....that shit is LOUD i mean fucking LOUD.......after 4k OMFG! i love it but DAMM! another thing is that i notice the engine bay hella hotter than usual......but the temp seams normal......is this ok?

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
RB26DETT with the AWD drivetrain will cost around $16,000 installed.

·
Metal > Rap
668 Posts
Screw the Talon, get a Laser!

Same difference I know...

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
Isuzu Impulse. AWD and turbo...

·
Registered
446 Posts
Actually Laser's I believe only came w/ the 1.8 L engine, unlike the talon and eclipse which came w/ the 1.8, 2.0, and 2.0 turbo (gsx, and tsi)...but this isn't a dsm forum, so lets drop this subject... As for the kid w/ the headers...don't be lazy, start your own damn thread, and as for the heat issue, you probably don't have the heat guard on anymore, so therefore your engine bay will get a little bit hotter than normal...

Now for what this thread was started for... You can do it, but there is def. custom fab, but it seems that someone about me here (says 16,000 installed) he seems to know pretty well how much it would cost... so talk to him, but it'll def. take some custom fabrications, and a hell of a lot of time...

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
240luvr said:
Actually Laser's I believe only came w/ the 1.8 L engine, unlike the talon and eclipse which came w/ the 1.8, 2.0, and 2.0 turbo (gsx, and tsi)...but this isn't a dsm forum, so lets drop this subject... As for the kid w/ the headers...don't be lazy, start your own damn thread, and as for the heat issue, you probably don't have the heat guard on anymore, so therefore your engine bay will get a little bit hotter than normal...

Now for what this thread was started for... You can do it, but there is def. custom fab, but it seems that someone about me here (says 16,000 installed) he seems to know pretty well how much it would cost... so talk to him, but it'll def. take some custom fabrications, and a hell of a lot of time...

thanks old man :rolleyes:

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
Loki said:
thanks old man :rolleyes:
hey, atleast he put it all together and got rid of all of our sarcasm.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
KaRdoN said:
hey, atleast he put it all together and got rid of all of our sarcasm.
yeah that killed the fun.........ok close this thread!!!

wait! no one told me if the straight 2.5" piping was ok...or should i have stayed with 3"

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
Loki said:
yeah that killed the fun.........ok close this thread!!!

wait! no one told me if the straight 2.5" piping was ok...or should i have stayed with 3"
I have headers and 2.5" all the way back and it's fine. I would only go 3" if you're turbo.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
for the turning problim what about Cv joints is there any possible way to put CV joints in tehe front to make the wheel turn

And also what About 4wheel steering possible or impossible :crazy:

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
drifterdan said:
for the turning problim what about Cv joints is there any possible way to put CV joints in tehe front to make the wheel turn

And also what About 4wheel steering possible or impossible :crazy:
4WD 240SX is amost impossible to do yourself. It just doesn't fit. Completely different chassis. CV joints are just pivoting joints. A control arm and a driveshaft are two completely different things, but I think you're thinking they're the same.
4WS is not that hard of a swap. Get a HICAS pump and belt, all the lines, and the rear steering gear. It's easiest to just get an S13 VLSD rearend with Hicas. It's not too difficult, just really expensive, and you won't be so good at drifting afterwards.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok 4WD out of question for now but about how much am i looking at to do the swap and install

And what r some good parts sites i can go to for low price aftermarket parts for my 240

1 - 20 of 32 Posts