Nissan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
Joined
·
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a question about the moderators on this forum how is it that you refuse to let posts go that have something to do with street racing because its illegal but condone drifting which is also illegal and more dangerous?
 

· Will work for beer
Joined
·
3,200 Posts
We are referring to drifting on a TRACK, not on the street. This forum does not condone ANY form of illegal activity- whether it's gutting your catalytic convertor, speeding, street racing, drifting, posting kiddie porn, or talking about what you did with that baggie of green grass looking stuff you found in your 'rents sock drawer.
 

· LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
Joined
·
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and you honestly think that anyone that has posted in this drifting section has drifted legally? there are hardly any tracks that will allow drifting
 

· Will work for beer
Joined
·
3,200 Posts
Maybe in your area there aren't, but there are many places that have regular events.

the same facility that I use to autocross holds autocrosses for the BMW club, Porsche club, SCCA, and on the weekends they're not doing anything, there is a drift event there.
http://dailydrifter.com/ look at the schedule- they hold events at minimum once a month.

that's all at Gulf Greyhound park on the SE side of Houston..
on the North side, Houston Motorsports park holds regularly scheduled competitions..

Texas A&M also has a group of ricer--errrr, 'drifters' that do several events a month in that area as well.

I also know of a car club in Tulsa, OK and several groups in Dallas that hold these events on a regular basis as well.

and this is in the midwest where imports aren't exactly that popular. you go to the drag strip on a friday night and you may see 10 imports there, as opposed to 100+ domestics. You're in Nashville, I'm sure you can relate. so just imagine what other places look like that aren't filled with country singing ********.
 

· LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
Joined
·
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Matt93SE said:
Maybe in your area there aren't, but there are many places that have regular events.

the same facility that I use to autocross holds autocrosses for the BMW club, Porsche club, SCCA, and on the weekends they're not doing anything, there is a drift event there.
http://dailydrifter.com/ look at the schedule- they hold events at minimum once a month.

that's all at Gulf Greyhound park on the SE side of Houston..
on the North side, Houston Motorsports park holds regularly scheduled competitions..

Texas A&M also has a group of ricer--errrr, 'drifters' that do several events a month in that area as well.

I also know of a car club in Tulsa, OK and several groups in Dallas that hold these events on a regular basis as well.

and this is in the midwest where imports aren't exactly that popular. you go to the drag strip on a friday night and you may see 10 imports there, as opposed to 100+ domestics. You're in Nashville, I'm sure you can relate. so just imagine what other places look like that aren't filled with country singing ********.
believe it or not there are lots of imports in nashville we all started out slow and real small but the import craze is growing and unforunately we have but 2 places to drag race one at union hill raceway and the other is on the fairgrounds speedway front straightaway both are 1/8th tracks we need a drift circuit or something right now my parents and myself are trying to convince a small airport to close its runways once a month and let some drag racing happen on it charge like 10 to get in a race but i know it sounds like i was kinda pissed with the drifting thing but thats just what it looks like from my point of view i'm not trying to make anyone mad and if i did i apologize for it
 

· Metal > Rap
Joined
·
672 Posts
Wait till the SCCA meets start back up in Feb or March, at the super speedway. Thats where I'm gonna start going...soon as I get azRPS13's car. :thumbup:

BTW, go to SEDA if your serious about wanting to do regional drift events. They try and hold at least one event per month.
 

· LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
Joined
·
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nismo14-180 said:
Wait till the SCCA meets start back up in Feb or March, at the super speedway. Thats where I'm gonna start going...soon as I get azRPS13's car. :thumbup:

BTW, go to SEDA if your serious about wanting to do regional drift events. They try and hold at least one event per month.
finally someone else in tennessee lol i heard about the autocross they had at the speedway i live not 5 mins from it right beside 840 have you heard anything about the 1/4 mile track that was suppose to be built by now?
 

· Viva el iPod
Joined
·
4,434 Posts
If there's no sanctioned events in your area, why don't you step up and organize something? From what I've seen, for a lot of drift events you just need a big parking lot, Those can be rented, which is what folks like club 4AG do. Hell, you may even be able to make a little cheedar at too.

EDIT: Sponsers frown upon illegal activities, so having this great resource may not be possible at all if posting of illegal activities were permitted.

You do touch a big issue though. I just rented NFSU 2 and lots of big names and corporations exist in it. They can disclaim all they want (which you can press "X" and skip over anyways) about not driving on the street they way you do in the game, but fiction is based in fact (even if a little) and tying yourself to this game is like giving tacit approval to illegal street racing. Of course ultimately "money talks, etc." so those companies are going to look the other way I guess.
 

· Metal > Rap
Joined
·
672 Posts
sunnydet90 said:
finally someone else in tennessee lol i heard about the autocross they had at the speedway i live not 5 mins from it right beside 840 have you heard anything about the 1/4 mile track that was suppose to be built by now?
Yea my friends started to go the autocross events back in Nov. As soon as I get my cars problems fixed, I'm gonna join them. I havn't heard anything about a drag strip. I hope its nothing like Union Hill's 1/8th mile strip.

People have tried to have a drift day here. It's just that there hasn't been enough people to put down a solid early payment for the rental of the tracks/lots, Insurance, restrooms, and other stuff. We almost had one back in Oct. but we fell $200 short for the rental of the Super Speedway. I'm gonna try and talk to everyone on SEDA to see if they would want to try for a drift day sometime in late March or early April.
 

· LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
Joined
·
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nismo14-180 said:
Yea my friends started to go the autocross events back in Nov. As soon as I get my cars problems fixed, I'm gonna join them. I havn't heard anything about a drag strip. I hope its nothing like Union Hill's 1/8th mile strip.

People have tried to have a drift day here. It's just that there hasn't been enough people to put down a solid early payment for the rental of the tracks/lots, Insurance, restrooms, and other stuff. We almost had one back in Oct. but we fell $200 short for the rental of the Super Speedway. I'm gonna try and talk to everyone on SEDA to see if they would want to try for a drift day sometime in late March or early April.
no the drag track is a 1/4 mile instead of an 1/8 it was suppose to be built for the nhra but they wont add it to their schedule so i think thats why it isnt being built but have you went to the drifts at the wax museum by opry mills?
 

· Metal > Rap
Joined
·
672 Posts
sunnydet90 said:
no the drag track is a 1/4 mile instead of an 1/8 it was suppose to be built for the nhra but they wont add it to their schedule so i think thats why it isnt being built but have you went to the drifts at the wax museum by opry mills?
Yea, actually two of my friends found that place about two years ago. We stopped going 9 months ago when the cops started patrolling the area more.

Apparantly there will be two SEDA sponsered drift days in April. One in the begining of the month and one at the end.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
sunnydet90 said:
finally someone else in tennessee lol i heard about the autocross they had at the speedway i live not 5 mins from it right beside 840 have you heard anything about the 1/4 mile track that was suppose to be built by now?
im from tn too. whats up ppl.im new to this place.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top