Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some how i know what the answer to this will be but i will ask the question anyway.
I own two cars, a 88 celica gts with the 3sge motor which has about the same output as the sr20de and is upgradeable to 3sgte just like sr20det.
The other car is a b14 with a Ga16 in it. My job requires me to deliver and i travel from 300 to 400 miles a week and uptill now i did it on the b14 and the celica was my waxed up weekend ride with all the goodies. But lately i have been having trouble finding parts for the celica as it is an 88 not to mention the car is old. So i have come to a crossroad. Whether to start using the celica as a regular driver and drive it to death and get my money's worth out of it and work on the b14 or else?

No toyota Bashing please. You just have to own cars from different companies to appreciate their quality. Nissan ,toyota and honda are all very impressive companies.

Please help me out with your "PROFESSIONAL" opinions.

B

·
0 Posts
i say to work on the b14 and i will tell you why, the celica is an 88, and no matter how new of an engine you put into it, its still going to be an 88. the body has wear on it and various things will eventually go wrong. now if you are into restoration of cars than thats great. but i would suggest that you invest some time into the b14. while it wont move like your celica does (maybe, maybe not) given your driving habbits, it should be in better condition overall. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
current adv of celica.

1.more hp output
2.four wheel Discs
3.Sport suspension
4.Rear independent suspension
5.Factory strut tower and roll bars
6.Almost nonexistent body roll
7. various other stuff like sunroof,two way adjustable steering,power seat etc