Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently found a 91 SE-R w/ 125xxx miles 5spd all power options black w/ grey interior asking $2000 obo.

Is this a good deal? If I'm informed correctly this car has the SR20 motor. Now is the the same motor they put in silvia's just minus the turbo? Is it at least the same block? Should I snatch this car up with the quickness? Is there anything I should look for? Im not used to 5spds, so should I bring a friend who is to drive it as well? Any other info would be very helpfull. Oh and also can the motor have a turbo installed and still be daily driver? What kind of power potential does and SE-R have? Thanks

- Ill informed 240 owner Joe....

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
if i was you

If i had a lot of money , i will buy that+ and then get a cluth+ and lastly 2500 for a gti-r front clip,= A monster

all im missing is a cluth and $2,500

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mndrift said:
I recently found a 91 SE-R w/ 125xxx miles 5spd all power options black w/ grey interior asking $2000 obo.

Is this a good deal? If I'm informed correctly this car has the SR20 motor. Now is the the same motor they put in silvia's just minus the turbo? Is it at least the same block? Should I snatch this car up with the quickness? Is there anything I should look for? Im not used to 5spds, so should I bring a friend who is to drive it as well? Any other info would be very helpfull. Oh and also can the motor have a turbo installed and still be daily driver? What kind of power potential does and SE-R have?
yes it has the SR20 motor. yes it's very similar to the Silvia motor. They're both SR20 engines but the Silvia engine has a few more goodies in addition to the turbo. Yes, snatch it up with a quickness. For common problems and things to look for, go to SE-R.net
yes, bring your friend to drive it. Yes, you can absolutely install a turbo and daily drive it. This engine was built to have a turbo on it. The power potential is huge. Over 400 wheel HP on the stock engine, and that's reliable power, too.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool thanks for the response, the answers were what i wanted to hear :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts