Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I'd like to introduce myself, I'm Andrew, I'm from Cali. I'm a radio dj and I own a '97 Nissan Sentra GXE. I've been reading these boards for a while and finally decided to get actively involved. It's nice to see other people with love for my car. Where I'm at if you don't own a Honda or a Mitsu you don't belong in the scene. Which is stupid imo.

I've worked on my car just a little because it's my only car right now and I can't do the sort of things I'd like to it just yet. I've put on some 16's with low pros and a flowmaster exhaust simply because I liked the low hum. I'll have a picture up soon.

Just recently I decided to get a 2003 Sentra SE-R for my regular ride, and that way I can make my baby (aka 97 gxe) a show car. The first thing I wanted to do was fix the suspension because as soon as I put the wheels and tires on my ride it became real stiff. Any little bump in the road shakes my car like a 9 point earthquake.

So my question is what's the best way to make for a more comfortable ride? I'm not really worried about cornering just yet. I just want to make it as smooth a ride as possible.

Thanks.

·
Paging Mr. Herman
1,042 Posts
Welcome to the board. :)

The same Honda obsession is out in my town....at least till I smoke them:D

Concerning suspension, you may want to look into checking your shocks if your car is riding rough. However, the question then becomes what your focus of your car is. If you are just looking for 'show' aspects and not really interested in performance, I would just buy a new set of OEM shocks. If you are looking for performance, do some research on springs/shocks. Keep in mind if you go the performance route your car will ride rough. Think of a go-cart, the thing will make flawless 90 degree turns but you feel every little dip and bump in the road. Also, it is recommended you buy both shocks and springs at the same time and NEVER, NEVER, NEVER cut your springs yourself!!

A good start would be to check out the suspension board.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, thanks a lot. Yeah I'm not really interested in racing. Mostly because it's an automatic. Racing is somewhat out of the question. That and in my area they have seriously cracked down on that. The highway patrol got supercharged Camaro's for crying out loud. hehe.

But hey thanks.

·
Registered
393 Posts
its most likely the low-pro tires... what's the size of 'em? (not 16"s, but 205/50R16, or what?)

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Nimicar said:
Mostly because it's an automatic. Racing is somewhat out of the question. .
I resent that...I bet I could whip half of the manuals on here :D Welcome to the board, and have fun (but dont get into fights) ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think they're 45's or 40's.

Oh, and sorry, I didn't mean that all automatics are slow. Just mine. It's really not that slow. It just tends to GET slow for some reason. Like early in the morning when it's nice and cool out and I haven't driven it since the day before I can slam on the gas, my rear end drops, my front end lifts and I'm gone. But if I drive it for about 10 or 15 minutes, it dies. lol

I love the passing gear, it makes for easy pickup with automatics. But mine wouldn't cut it in races down here since the earliest I can hit the passing gear is around 13 or the next one at 25.

Oh and I'll try not to get into fights...

What'd you say about my mama?!!??!

j/k

1 - 6 of 6 Posts