Nissan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's this guy with a '95 200SX talking mad shiot on our board all the time. I just want to know what it would take for him to run low-mid 12's. That is what I run, and it would be nice to have an idea of just how much @#$% he is talking. I have respect for any person who wants to make his/her car faster, but to come on a muscle car lover site and say that you can beat anyone is ignorant. :p Thanks!

·
Registered
702 Posts
well, no offense dude but do you have a sentra/200SX at all? this is a nissan site and your comin in with a domestic? im just curious is to what brought you to the boards, im not hatin or anything im just curious.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
but to come on a muscle car lover site and say that you can beat anyone is ignorant.
I agree with this in a sense that some of the muscle cars that these guys build are made strictly for drag racing. For a 4 cylinder to spank a V6 or V8 ball buster, all of the 4cylinder's cylinders had better be firing on time and had best to be prepared to back-up his $hit. I'll race a muscle car short distance, but I won't stir up trouble by inviting a race because I know what my vehicles are better prepped for and mine is "Top End". A 200sx with an SR20DET running 25psi of boost is a weapon (if the tranny doesn't blow). So the question would be, what does he have under his bonnet to be talking so much smack. I've earned the right to brag in my kneck of the woods and that's the question you should be asking him "How did he earn the right to brag". And if he gives you a good answer, race him and if he smokes you, your question will be answered. But if you smoke him, you just may silence him for the time being for us Nissan lovers don't stop till we get enough....Because we just "Enjoy the Ride":D

·
Registered
139 Posts
perfictly said boost. I couldent have said it better myself...........;)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey boost, next time I'm in Miami we should meet up and you can show me what your car can do! I prolly won't be down there till spring sometime though. I got a lot of friends down there cuz I went to school at FIU for a lil while.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Blu200SX said:
well, no offense dude but do you have a sentra/200SX at all? this is a nissan site and your comin in with a domestic? im just curious is to what brought you to the boards, im not hatin or anything im just curious.
Well, I thought I made it clear in my post. I was obviously asking about a Nissan. I didn't come here to flame anyone, but just to ask a question.

I obviously came to the wrong place to ask this question, so sorry to waste your board space. You can just go ahead and delete my account! I won't be back.

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Why would a Camaro Z-28 (claims to run in the "low to mid 12's") be threatened by a 4 cyl? Oh well, since he stormed out of here I guess we won't get a response.

·
Team Serious
2,133 Posts
because when you have a 400 hp light ass car...people tend to worry.

I even saw a 9 sec b13.... you never know what you are up aginst
until your ass gets smacked

·
Team Serious
2,133 Posts
AMRICNMUSL said:
Well, I thought I made it clear in my post. I was obviously asking about a Nissan. I didn't come here to flame anyone, but just to ask a question.

I obviously came to the wrong place to ask this question, so sorry to waste your board space. You can just go ahead and delete my account! I won't be back.

dude don't get bent out of shape...

you can check

www.sentra.net
www.se-r.net

they have some timeslips and mods and everything else....
you can see some cars ran 12's and i think even 11's

·
Registered
702 Posts
well it looks like american muscle gave us his life story of mods...lol...and alot more than 4 lines on the sig. and a domestic comin in on the nissan boards to waste his own time, i dont get it. even with that question he had, we really dont care if someone else is flamin on another board with a nissan, it would be funny if he had bragging rights to kick the camaros ass. If not...thats what boost boy is for...lol

1,267 Posts
Red '99 Z28
Cartek clutch with SLP steel billet flywheel and adjustable master cylinder -TPIS ceramic coated long tube headers -Corsa catback exhaust -Comp Cams custom cam from Katech, with matching springs and titanium retainers -K&N FIPK -Thunder Racing anodized MAF ends -Ported/polished throttle body -Magnecor spark plug wires -NGK TR-55 spark plugs -J&M subframe connectors -Eibach Pro-kit springs -BMR lower control arms -Granatelli panhard rod -Pro 5.0 shifter with Lou's short stick -Flameball shift knob -SS spoiler -17" chrome SS wheels w/ Bridgestone Potenza SO2 PP tires -chrome Hotchkis strut tower brace -1LE front sway bar -Corbeau Targa RS seats w/ Corbeau 4 point harnesses -Reverse indiglo guages
Wait, you have all this and you're running low\mid 12's? I would have expected better than that.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
I tried to be nice and answer his questions:( He didn't seem like such a bad chap, just probablyinterested in why nissan 4cyls. produce good power. I could care less who you are or what you drive, if you like it be proud of it. If you choose to race what you drive, be realistic and if you lose a race, keep your head up. I could care less about what the individual I'm racing has under his hood as long as we're racing under agreed terms. Sorry he got offended by some of the hard-care scrutinizers around here, but it's life and he'll be alright.........

·
Registered
702 Posts
Adam said:
Wait, you have all this and you're running low\mid 12's? I would have expected better than that.
If you look at most of it, its just for style. I guess maybe the idiglo guages and 4 point harnesses knock a couple of seconds off of his 1/4 mile....lol

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
LOL.....That's mean, man.........

1,267 Posts
Wrong. I'm pretty sure these mods will help his 1/4 mile times significantly. The LS1 is an amazing engine with lots of potential.

Cartek clutch with SLP steel billet flywheel and adjustable master cylinder -TPIS ceramic coated long tube headers -Corsa catback exhaust -Comp Cams custom cam from Katech, with matching springs and titanium retainers -K&N FIPK -Thunder Racing anodized MAF ends -Ported/polished throttle body -Magnecor spark plug wires -NGK TR-55 spark plugs

·
Registered
702 Posts
yeh well i was just jokin anyways as i stated because i dont like domestics and for him to come here and waste his time, he was askin for it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts