Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i seem to be loosing more gas milage with my injen cold air intake. before installing the injen cold air intake, i was doing about 288 miles per half tank and now i'm doing 150 miles per half tank on the highway. why is that??

·
Banned
809 Posts
well.. think of it this way.. every mod you pop on yoru car... per 3HP or so.. dependin on the mod. IE cold air... your loosin almost 1.4 mpg per 3HP... with headers, expect to loose 2mpg more... with exaust though, it fixes this, and adds the MPG back up... so it all evens out.

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Wait, you were doing 288 miles for half a tank!?! So youre doing 576 mpg for like 15 gallons!?! I do about 250-300 miles for a whole tank. I think you made a typo?

·
Registered
236 Posts
selrider99 said:
...I drove to pa last week and got 270 mpg city/hwy... I 'm not sure but my o2 sensor is bad I think.
dayum! wish i could get 270 mpg! HA, j/k.

i've been 40+ mpg several times tho. but it's hard to even break 30 mpg now that i have my cai. it's too fun not to play with.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I get about 34-35mpg most city, some highway. I had a grand am that *barely* got 10, if driven easily. I got like, 140 miles to a tank if I was very damn lucky...

now I get at least 300 to every about 3/4 tank

·
Registered
52 Posts
When I drove from Colorado to NY on my stock 200sx, I swear that I was getting around 400-450 per tank. Must be cause I was going "downhill" the whole time. :)

On the way back, I only got 275-300 per tank. :(

With the Injen intake at the present, I am only getting around 285-300 per tank combination street and highway mileage.

·
Team Serious
2,132 Posts
I have to have my ride checked then I only get if im lucky 180 mi
city/hwy mix. I used to own a toyota corolla and with that little engine I got about 280 mi city.. I get pissed having to fill up every 4 days it really sucks and adv timing makes me use 93 oct.
at 1.69 per gallon.

J

·
0 Posts
I was wondering what you guys thought the best Cold air intake was...
How do you feel about the Dragon Intake by Weapon-R?

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
OUT HERE 92 IS 1.45GAL JUST ADVANCED MY TIMING AND IF IM EASY I AVERAGE ABOUT 41MPG. I REALY DONT HAVE ANY OTHER MODS YET, BUT IM SURE IT WILL GO DOWN WHEN I GET THEM:D

·
Registered
479 Posts
Niss200SXGTR said:
well.. think of it this way.. every mod you pop on yoru car... per 3HP or so.. dependin on the mod. IE cold air... your loosin almost 1.4 mpg per 3HP... with headers, expect to loose 2mpg more... with exaust though, it fixes this, and adds the MPG back up... so it all evens out.

i think you should get the pacesetter instead of greddy exhaust (greddy sucks compared to pacesetter...syke)....moron, why even consider pacesetter why dont you return your HS CAI and get weapon r instead????

1 - 20 of 25 Posts