Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting a 1990 Nissan 300ZX 2+2. The thing keeping me from it is that it has 188000 miles and asking price of 3000. It looks nice and all but I dunno if it has much life left in it. I thought I would actually ask people that know these cars how long these engines last. Thanks for all your input.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't know the Z's nearly as much as many people on these forums but I just picked up an '86 NA that just turned 172000 on the way to work this morning. The car runs great and I was supplied with all the maintenance recepts from the previous two owners. I've had a few Nissans and Toyotas with 300,000+ that still ran great. I think when you're considering vehicles with 150,000+ miles on them, you should be fairly confident of the maintenance record of the vehicle. Most cars, these especially, will last a long time if taken care of properly.

If you have the ability to get it checked out by a mechanic (compression tests, etc.), that'd be the way to go.

*also...I think this belongs in the Z32 forum. =)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah sorry about that. I don't think it has good maintenance records. I think I might just pass on this one. But thanks for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts