Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've noticed that when I go over bumps (even small ones) in the road, my steering wheel jerks a bit in the direction of the wheel going over the bump. It isn't speed dependent, same amount of movement no matter what speed. I haven't felt this in other cars I've driven or maybe it just wasn't as noticeable? I have brand new tie rods inner/outer the car just had a 4-wheel alignment, i do have a bit of vibration between 90-105 km/h so i think my wheel balance is out but i don't think this could cause it, could it? I have super hicas 240 so it comes stock with stiffer suspension and front/rear sway bars could this be why? Any help would be great!! Thanks.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,044 Posts
Check the steering rack bushings for wear. Also check the tension rod bushings.

·
Registered
150 Posts
yeah

tension rods play a pretty big role in how your steering is affected by the road. I recently replaced my stock tension rods with megan racing adjustible tension rods and as soon as i had them adjusted to what i like, my steering wheel hasent really moved to much going over bumps. i do get more feel out of what i go over tho.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks for the help people. I was thinking of replacing those bushings anyways and new tension rods are also on my list so that's perfect! Glad for the good news hehe. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
407 Posts
also check your power steering see if it is leaking...this could cause some of these symptoms but most likly your bushings

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked the power steering already when I replaced the tie rods, no leak whatsoever. But good thinking! Thanks, oh yeah that trunk latch fix is ****ing awsome, thanks man!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts