Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this 1990 300zx Twin turbo has about 124000 kms on it, and i noticed that when it hits about 3500+rpm i start getting smoke coming from the exhaust... is this engine wear? or what all could it be?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
did some more test driving tonight, specifically focusing on the smoke issue, i realized its actually from oil burnin inside the engine compartment, not coming out the exhaust so i bet ur right about it bein the turbos, there seems to be a lite spray of oil near the passenger side turbo. so could it just be the seals on the turbo?

·
Registered
430 Posts
yeah...

drive it around til it sprays the oil...
when it does, get out, open the hood and look at it..

you'll see the leak.

if it's an oil leak coming from the engine, it wouldn't really smoke too much unless it's leaking onto the exhaust...

just follow the blood trail...

see where it's burning off the exhaust, and whereever it's falling onto it, reverse gravity and see where it's falling from... or spraying from.

just make sure when you change one seal, you change all that are involved.. you put a new seal on an old part and not change out the others, it will cause more strain on the older seals and most likely blow them out real quick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts