Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my parents are getting me my first car and I believe they are aiming toward getting me the Nissan Sentra 1.8S. I really want the V-Spec but its out of their budget. I'm not very knowledgable about cars but I was wondering a few things about this car. First off its going to be an automatic because my parents don't want me to have a manual. Can you go from an automatic transmission to a manual transmission? Can I upgrade from a 1.8L engine to a 2.5L engine or is the car pretty much the way it is once its on the lot? Also whats a good website or place to get body kits and nice hop ups for this car? I know I am a newbie so don't dog me out too much....educate me if you can.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 2005 1.8 sentra special edition with manual transmission. I have on ok knowldge on cars. Yes there are ways to convert your transmission. As far as doing work to the car, i have put on cat back exhaust and caold air intake. For a nice sound and alittle extra hp pick up a performance muffler and have a shop make you a custom vat back system. thats the cheapest way to get good exhaust. Hotshot has a cold air intake out specifically for the 1.8 and i believe they have headers also.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
if your parents are getting you an auto, leave it auto, don't waste the money to switch trannies or engines. too expensive, and the qr25 isn't worth swapping to anyways.

there's plenty of information here on the forum. have a look around at the tuning guide and stuff.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well since they're leaning towards the 1.8s, take a look at the 1.8s special edition. It's nice...lots of extras.
But if you really want the spec-v, see if you can get a good deal on a new one, SE-R (auto), or check around for a used spec-v.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nissusan said:
Well since they're leaning towards the 1.8s, take a look at the 1.8s special edition. It's nice...lots of extras.
But if you really want the spec-v, see if you can get a good deal on a new one, SE-R (auto), or check around for a used spec-v.
I believe my parents budget is around 10-12 grand car so I think the spec v would be out of range...there was a tight one that was used but im sure somoene bought it already...it was a 2002 and had 45000 miles on it and my dad didnt wanna get it because the warantee was going to be up once it hit the 50000 mile mark

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats the insurance on the SE and spec-v ?

that might bethe reason that might hold my parents back

·