Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello again,

I just changed my oil and it was BLACK AND DIRTY LOOKING!

just curious if doing the seafoam treatment through the vaccum lines could cause this. I know that putting it in the crankcase will but I only put it through the vaccum lines.
I changed my oil about 2 to 3 hundred miles ago with castrol gtx 10w40 dino oil. Used three quarts and 1 bottle of lucas oil like I always do--except this time I did a seafoam treatment right after. (I dont know why I decided to change my oil so soon, guess after the timing chain scare and discovering fram filters were pieces of shit and were the reason for the valvetrain noise I was having I just thought it couldnt hurt). I've got way too much time on my hands as you can see.

Just isnt normal from my experience with this truck and wondering if the seafoam somehow can get in the engine and do that???
truck doesnt burn oil and runs fine.

:wtf:

·
Hardbody Freak
2,675 Posts
i would not mix the lucas and seafoam..

if you have ever pulled the oil pan on a ride this old , you would see all the crap at the bottom of the oil pan..

my truck has over 500 k miles on it and i always use the cheapest 10w30 i can find..

·
Registered
206 Posts
Seafoam will supposedly clean the internals of the engine and it's recommended that after you do the treatment, you change the oil shortly thereafter because all of the buildup that it cleans off will be in your oil.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I didnt know putting it through the vaccum lines could cause the oil to turn black like that. I've used this stuff before and dont remember it doing that but I guess that has to be whats happend. I'm just trying to take care of this truck the best I can and prolong its life as I'm sure the previous owner wasnt very nice to it.
Now after changing the oil this time the valvetrain noise seems to have gotten worse. cant really hear it going down the road but at idle it sounds similar to popcorn poping. idle it up and it seems to go away. or I just cant hear it.
I'm wondering if after using that seafoam if one of my oil passages is clogged up? Maybe its a dirty lifter? heck I dunno anymore. This trucks beginning to give me a headache lately.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts