Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got my erebuni gtr front bumper painted about 6 months ago...i absolutely loved it but now it's a serious pain in the ass. i havent hit anything but i have spider web crack in the paint everywhere on the bumper and it is peeling off on the side..exact same spot on both sides actually. the only incident i had was when i parked too close to a curb and the bumper got hung and was pulled off the right side bolt. the guy that painted it does kits all the time and has always done good work to all my family's cars. the bumper is polyurethane...is there some sort of special paint or primer you need to use for it? i mean everytime i look theres a new crack in the paint it seems.HELP!

·
Registered
346 Posts
yo

ok dude......check it- I have the Stillen front Bumper spoiler on my 1994 B13 Sentra and I know what your talking about. Me personally Im replacing my front bumper spoiler with street weapons drift bumper. OK heres what you gotta do if you wanna keep your front spoiler and keep the paint on it in good condition. First thing is first- try not to hit anything! ^_^ urethane or fiberglass gotta watch it. Second if you still wanna keep it and are considering having it repainted, ask the auto body man or painter to mix in flex additives to the paint. Flex additives are supposed to be mixed in with the paint when painting things like urethane bumpers and body kits so that when they take a bump, the paint flexes with it and is a little more durable. Trust me ask them to put flex additives- theyll know what your talking about and your paint will last a lot longer......Peace!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts