Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suspect that the pickup filter on my fuel pump is clogged. I have called several parts stores and no one sells just the filter. I do not want to have to replace the entire pump just to replace the filter. The pump alone is nearly $230.

Does anyone know of a good replacement for the filter on the pickup tube? Is there any filter that could be modded to fit?

Techno

·
t3h r0XX0r!!
679 Posts
hell, i thought the "filter" on those was a mesh sock that could just be cleaned off if it clogged... ya got to have a pretty dirty tank to clog one, too.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Lazarus_023 said:
hell, i thought the "filter" on those was a mesh sock that could just be cleaned off if it clogged... ya got to have a pretty dirty tank to clog one, too.
Exactly. Theres two filter actually. The sock on the pump, it's just to protect the pump from sludge junk. Then an inline filter somewhere to protect the injectors and engine. The sock can be cleaned.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
just to let u know the inline filter is on the fir wall right behind the efi it u wanna try that first, takes roughly 5 minutes to change being that its completely accesable

·
Registered
92 Posts
you can buy strainer

For my Sentra they sell the pump "filter" alone at the parts stores. It's called the strainer.

There are websites that sell OEM pumps a lot less expensive

1 - 5 of 5 Posts