Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question.... cant really find a nice cat back for the SE. I want one that not only looks nice but also performs well. Just wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions short of getting a system built with a universal muffler. Can the Greddy for the 200SX be extended to fit the Sentra? Please help!

·
HYDYST?
113 Posts
One of the best looking catbacks I've seen is the Stromung. It's a piece of art. Check out the install at NPM.

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
I'm doing a group buy on Stromung exhausts. The price for all b14s is ~$441.30 which is $80 below the retail cost. since yours is a 2.0 you should be able to get 2.25" piping. Stromung is one of the best looking and best performing exhausts in the business, complete with stainless steel design and mandrel bent pipes. You can also have a better look at the Mar 02 edition of NPM.
more complete list of prices:
>b13 SE-R-------2.25" piping------ ~$491 after ~$85 off
>b14 1.6---------2.0" piping-------- ~$441 after ~$80 off
>b14 2.0---------2.25" piping------ ~$441 after ~$80 off
>b15 2.0---------2.25" piping------ ~$491 after ~$85 off
>b15 Spec-V----2.25" piping------ ~$508 after ~$90 off
>mid-pipe only/any model listed above--- ~$150-170 after ~$30 off
>resonators/addon to any system or mid-pipe---- ~$20-40

check out the link in my signature or email me @ [email protected]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Greddy actually makes a catback system for the 98/99 sentra se.
You can use a the system from a 200sx (95-97) but you have to get it shortened.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how is that possible?

isnt the 200sx based on a shorter chassis? did you mean extend it? where can i get the one for the sentra? or is it an extended version of the 200sx one?

·
Registered
16 Posts
No the 98/99 has a longer cat which requires a smaller exhaust. You can get the greddy from any parts dealer. I have one one my 99 se. The best thing may be to find one used.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so the 200sx greddy...

should be shortened by about how much to get it to fit the sentra? did you get a good hp gain?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not sure how much it needs to be shortened by. If you get one just take it to a muffler shop and have them cut and reweld it for you. If you go this route you will probalby want to get a ceramic coating put back on.
An exhaust will only give you a few horsepower by its self, but It helps a lot when you add other mods like cams and a header.

here is a pic of mine
http://pages.prodigy.net/nbrummer/greddy.html

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks....

word.... im going to do that. i like it better than the stromung. other than the cut and weld did it fit well?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh oh oh...

where did you buy it from? or do you know of anyone that wants to get rid of one?

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Re: oh oh oh...

nak1 said:
word.... im going to do that. i like it better than the stromung. other than the cut and weld did it fit well?

What could you not like about the Stromung?

Why buy something that isn't degined for your car...cut and weld? So you are going to spend more money on something you can't bolt right on? The quality of the Stromung is just as good or even better than the Greddy...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well....

for one... since this post was up... i have come to be told that the 200sx has a different cat so the 98 Greddy fits exactly on the sentra. so no cut and weld.

secondly... i dont really care for the styling of the stromung. i know how much people on here will hate to hear it. I dont just want my car to go fast... i want it to look pleasing to ME!

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Re: well....

nak1 said:

secondly... i dont really care for the styling of the stromung. i know how much people on here will hate to hear it. I dont just want my car to go fast... i want it to look pleasing to ME!
okay your going to have to explain that one... Stromung has a double walled stainless tip with perforated center... the GReddy is just a big stainless single wall tip...

But your opinion counts most....it's your car

You sure you just don't like the GReddy logo more?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts