Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post, and it just so happens to be a question. When riding in my 1995 Nissan 200SX SE-R, sometimes in first and second gear, my car will start to buck wildly, making it look like im stalling, this is only when i accelerate hard, sometimes this can last up to fourth gear, but very rarely. I was wondering if anyone had the same problem, or knew what it was, or how to fix it ect ect.
Thanks,
Bryan

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, it very well could be, because i have a Ractive air filter on it and it never happened before that, but it happened a long time after i had it on, and it bolts onto the MAF as you know.... What should i check?? if it isnt all the way on the air filter or what? should i replace it?
thanks
bryan

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,759 Posts
I have a Ractive air filter on it and it never happened before that, but it happened a long time after i had it on, and it bolts onto the MAF as you know.... What should i check?? if it isnt all the way on the air filter or what? should i replace it?
thanks
bryan
The one big problem with these oil coated custom air filters is sometime the oil gets coated on the MAF hot wire due to over-oiling of the filter element which screws up the metering of the air flow causing problems such as yours.

If the hot wire is contaminated, you can try to clean it by using only ELECTRICAL CONTACT CLEANER or a cleaner specifically made for MAF hot wire cleaning. This is the only thing you should use to clean your MAF. No windex, no carb cleaner, no brake cleaner, no rubbing alcohol, and no Q-Tips.

IMO, these custom air filters are a waste of money and could cause driveability problems. Any performance improvement is negligible or no improvement. However it causes more noise and gives the impression of more power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts