Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading an article about a guy's sentra. He said he ran 17.6 seconds at 77 mph. Sorry, I'm new to this. Does that mean he did a quarter mile in 17.6 seconds and got up to 77 mph in that quarter mile?

I have a '91 Nissan sentra with 182,000 miles on it. I want to do a few small mods on it to get it running a little peppier.

Has anyone tried the new Tornado they have on TV? does it fit on a sentra?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nevermind. I did the math. It would be the top speed.

thanks for your help guys

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It means he ran the quarter in 17.6 seconds, and reached a speed of 77 mph. But honestly, that is pathetic. The Sentra, even the base XE and GXE model runs it in 16.6 seconds, according to Motor Trend. The SE-R and SE-R Spec V, run it in 15.5 and 15.2, respectivly. The guy either drove an automatic, or doesn't know how to shift.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it was an early 90's bone stock model with 130k some odd miles and a slipping clutch.

I'm interested to see how mine would fare in the 1/4 mile. 182095 miles, and I just replaced the clutch

·
Registered
157 Posts
TX_RedSE-R said:
It means he ran the quarter in 17.6 seconds, and reached a speed of 77 mph. But honestly, that is pathetic. The Sentra, even the base XE and GXE model runs it in 16.6 seconds, according to Motor Trend. The SE-R and SE-R Spec V, run it in 15.5 and 15.2, respectivly. The guy either drove an automatic, or doesn't know how to shift.
An automatic even goes faster than that. About 17.1 or 2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts