Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to search this and come up with nothing, are quad fires bad for the SR20DE engine? That's what's in my engine and they look worn down, but they also look like the spark isn't coming evenly from each of the 4 electrodes on the plug. Is it okay to run Dual Fires or should i switch to a different type of plug?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
i bet your talkin about those cheasy bosch four prong plugs.. think of it like this theres 4 prongs that distrupst air flow even more kinda likea sheild around the spark and the sparks power isnt multiplyed by 4 its divided slipt up into 4 week sparks and if the plug isnt set righ tu just loose power, i have bosch duel tips in my ga16i but they are index'ed so the flow htis the spark without a electrode in the way and they were pretty darn good im just stickin with them til they go bad im told NGK are the way to go but if i were u i would get rid of those cheasy things right away

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Slacky said:
i bet your talkin about those cheasy bosch four prong plugs.. think of it like this theres 4 prongs that distrupst air flow even more kinda likea sheild around the spark and the sparks power isnt multiplyed by 4 its divided slipt up into 4 week sparks and if the plug isnt set righ tu just loose power, i have bosch duel tips in my ga16i but they are index'ed so the flow htis the spark without a electrode in the way and they were pretty darn good im just stickin with them til they go bad im told NGK are the way to go but if i were u i would get rid of those cheasy things right away
Period's man! Periods! Yeah i got some Denso's from Autozone and stuck them in so we'll see if they make a difference in my gas milage (which was maxing out at 25mpg on a really good day).

·
Registered
107 Posts
i have heard only negative things about those plugs. everyone in the shop i worked at said they were bad and report 2 cases they have seen because of them, one being one of the eletrodes breaking off and gettin jammed between the cylinder wall and the piston head and the other since the electrodes dont extend over the spark point the spark archs onto the piston head itself

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Slacky said:
yea i never punctuate and mispell ALOT , did u get denso irradiums?
Not as far as i know, just Denso standards at like $7.14 for the box of 4.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The car freaked me out cause the ECU took a while to notice the change in the ability to burn fuel, it tryied to idle at 2k, noticed it was wrong, dropped it fast and low, almost stalled, came back up, wobbled, and then fine tuned for about an hour. The engine sounds totally different now, definantly more power, and to think, all that from a spark plug.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts