Nissan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my question regarding the turbo made by forced induction racing is as follows: is the 250 whp added to engine or is that what the car will have after u put the turbo? second question is what will i need to do to my engine in order to put in the turbo? also comments about the turbo if anyone already has it.
thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
871 Posts
250 is the final amount of Wheel Horsepower you'll have with the turbo kit... that is an estamation since they have never installed one.
 

·
Driver
Joined
·
736 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
250 is the final amount of Wheel Horsepower you'll have with the turbo kit... that is an estamation since they have never installed one.
Well, they're working on one right now(I've seen the pics).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
871 Posts
barnoun said:

Well, they're working on one right now(I've seen the pics).
true, but that doesnt cahnge the fact that the numbers are a guess. My money says they'll get close to 200 (whp) but not above it... Unless Travis starts making chips, which we both know he does not have the capability of doing.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I think you might be right about the management system will have to bring alot to the table for the turbo and the motor. But I think it will happen. Just need to find out if there are anything else needed to bring that 250 whp. Cuz the means there got to be atlest 210 or 220 hp at the fly. Can it handle that?
 

·
StreetWiseCustoms
Joined
·
540 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
true, but that doesnt cahnge the fact that the numbers are a guess. My money says they'll get close to 200 (whp) but not above it... Unless Travis starts making chips, which we both know he does not have the capability of doing.
Travis is working with JWT right now. So, he does or is trying to have the capability. But, he doesn't even need it with the E-manage system. The turbo kit was put on hold for a little while. It's not forgoten. Should be in the works very soon. And the 250-260whp is a quess but a very close one. We're talking T-3/T-4 ball-bearing turbo with front mounted intercooler with all the goody's pushing 8psi on stock internals. This is the stage II kit.
The car will be crazy fast. NO SRT-4, WRX, or most anything else will touch it. Remember I didn't say STi or EVOIII ;) It will be under 2800lbs with 250+whp. That is fast. Plus, the torque we have and going to have with a turbo down low is going to be fun. You'll see...
 

·
StreetWiseCustoms
Joined
·
540 Posts
BlewBlur said:
Just need to find out if there are anything else needed to bring that 250 whp. Cuz the means there got to be atlest 210 or 220 hp at the fly. Can it handle that?
WTF?
250whp means Wheel Horse Power
hp just means Horse Power at the crank or flywheel.

Can the car handle 250whp ???YES
Can it handle 280+whp NO not without Rods, Pistons, Springs, ect...
 

·
Super-Mod with a 240
Joined
·
2,375 Posts
rexkiller said:
i was wondering if there were any affordiable/reilable turbo kits that give a decent amount of hp

Simply put, no.
 

·
Super-Mod with a 240
Joined
·
2,375 Posts
Its the engine that is having issues, not the turbo. From what I have been seeing, you'd need to have motor some work done to the motor to stay in a "reliable" situation.

A good suggestion for the exhaust would be a Nismo unit. They sound quite good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Harris said:
Its the engine that is having issues, not the turbo. From what I have been seeing, you'd need some motor work to stay in a "reliable" situation.

A good suggestion for the exhaust would be a Nismo unit. They sound quite good.
r u talking like pistons and rods that sort of thing? And wiht the exhaust do you know how the strumng (i donno if it's spelt right) exhaust system sounds
 

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
Joined
·
8,328 Posts
LJ, Travis isn't working with JWT, no matter what he may tell you ;)

Rexkiller, the stromung exhaust is far too small to be running with a turbo setup.
 

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
Joined
·
8,328 Posts
anything 2.5" or larger. preferably 3". Get the name brand thing outta your head too....it's entirely too expensive for what you get. Try VRS for a 3"
 

·
specV Addict
Joined
·
855 Posts
chimmike said:
anything 2.5" or larger. preferably 3". Get the name brand thing outta your head too....it's entirely too expensive for what you get. Try VRS for a 3"
I know what you mean, a 3" aftermarket name brand could probably cost anywhere from $600 to $800.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top