Nissan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
NO! that's BAD BAD BAD!

go to the b15 section and read the suspension sticky.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2004 Sentra 1.8S

i have a 2004 sentra 1.8s and i want to put a cold air intake in it. but all i can find is intakes for the SER. I talk to one guy and he said that a intake for the SER would not fit my engine size which is a QG18DE... Could any one help me out on where to look or what to do... I would appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
rievesacus/sentra said:
i have a 2004 sentra 1.8s and i want to put a cold air intake in it. but all i can find is intakes for the SER. I talk to one guy and he said that a intake for the SER would not fit my engine size which is a QG18DE... Could any one help me out on where to look or what to do... I would appreciate it. Thanks
Unless your getting hotshot or Weapon R intake, Dont worry about the SE-R tag.. hotshot is a direct fit. IF your looking for a intake off ebay, I can assure you that they are all for SE-R and it dosnt matter because they work anyways with slight modification, and by that i mean very very simple. I have a QG18DE and Im using a ebay intake for SE-R and it fits perfect and out performs my friends AEM intake and Sounds better.

·
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
where's your dyno proof that your ebay generic outperforms your friend's AEM?

Don't make completely baseless comments when you have ZERO proof.

btw, all CAIs sound the same.

and an intake for an SE-R will NOT easily fit. First, the piping location for a QR25 throttle body is different than the QG18DE. Second, the MAF bolt pattern is different.

Third, a cheapass ebay intake has about the worst, most dangerous filter you can use. Might as well not even run one.

·
Registered
41 Posts
chimmike said:
where's your dyno proof that your ebay generic outperforms your friend's AEM?

Don't make completely baseless comments when you have ZERO proof.

btw, all CAIs sound the same.

and an intake for an SE-R will NOT easily fit. First, the piping location for a QR25 throttle body is different than the QG18DE. Second, the MAF bolt pattern is different.

Third, a cheapass ebay intake has about the worst, most dangerous filter you can use. Might as well not even run one.
Sorry Mr. Sentra God, I guess u were right their with me when i installed mine... Oh my god was it hard to fit..... *not* Not trying to be rude just dont see paying 240 dallors for a aem intake just to make the MAF sensor bolts line up perfectly... I cut the square edges off my MAF sensor and put pieced it together like it was part of the intake pipeing... Go ahead tell me how stupid that was.. I dont care it works and I know for a fact it has more power because my friend also ran a ebay one before is aem and he even said he lost power... So I guess this is all opionions.

·
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
yah, and what does your friend drive ? a honda? apples and oranges,

and like I said, unless you have proof that the intake is better than AEM/Hotshot/Injent/whatever, don't make the claim, because it isn't true.

·
Registered
41 Posts
chimmike said:
yah, and what does your friend drive ? a honda? apples and oranges,

and like I said, unless you have proof that the intake is better than AEM/Hotshot/Injent/whatever, don't make the claim, because it isn't true.
The same kinda car as me accept a 2000 instead of 2002

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have an 04 1.8 and i'm considering getting a hotshot cai. thing is, i called hotshot and they told me that it would NOT fit the 04+ qg and that if i installed it, there may be damages to my engine. this got me a lil skeptical of this mod. but i have heard that a lot of people have installed it in their 04s and 05s with no problems. only thing i heard was that the installation for the cai was different on 04s and 05s than on the older QGs. is this true? and if it is, how big of a difference is the installation? do u suggest i get another intake?

:cheers:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking for some info on Throttle Bodies

Do they make any upgrade Throttle Bodies for the 2005 1.8L Nissan Sentra? The other question I had is one of the other post asked if the Hotshot Header will damage the 2005 1.8L engine, will it? What is the most Horse Power I will see out of the 1.8L has any one max one out yet? Thanks.

Chris.

·
Registered
3 Posts
o_O

mindew said:
i was wondering if i was to remove my stock springs and i cut them would that work. i work with metal so i would be able to cut it. its just a question!!! give me sum feed back.
The stock springs have a specific built in progressive travel. Unless you can forge a different progression on it....BAD (as been previously stated). Go with aftermarket springs (I have goldlines that lowered 1.5 front and back). Keep the stock ones incase you sell the car and want to part out the springs)

·
Registered
35 Posts
06 Sentra 1.8s

chimmike said:
yes it will fit.

Will the headers fit on the 06 as well? and your turbo kits i remeber looking at and i sent you an email but got no reply will your 1.8 turbo kit fit on my 06 1.8s?????
im seriously considering buying i just need to know!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Fujita makes an air intake spcifically for 1.8 for the newer years i just put one on my car it wasnt that big of a gain even though it made it sound alot more mean = D but it was my first performance install and im just a kid and figured it out ny myself so its pretty simple

·
Registered
72 Posts
question: are the hotshot headers and downpipe street legal? and what company makes a good exhaust for our engine to go with it?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Don't know about the legality of the header and downpipe, but the HKS Sport cat-back is a good exhaust for the QG's. Specifically, the HKS Sport for the 00-01 SE 2.0 Sentras fit perfectly.

·
Registered
72 Posts
and it will fit with no cutting or modding necessary or will i need to have a shop play around with it?

·
Registered
329 Posts
It bolts up perfectly. No modding necessary.

·
Registered
72 Posts
nice nice...second question: got a link to a site i can order it from lol ;)

·
Registered
329 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
GODDAMN thats expensive if its just a muffler haha hopefully its worth it

·
Registered
329 Posts
lol. it's a cat-back, and yes, I think it's worth it. The car sounds GREAT.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts