Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being smoked by a stock accord the other night. I was determined to put a couple of ponies into my car with basic bolt ons for now. First, I'm looking to install an intake into my vehicle. A couple of questions I have are:
1. Is there a difference (power wise, sound/noise wise and $$$ wise) between a CAI or WAI system?
2. Who makes the most effecient WAI or CAI system? money wise and power wise. Websites or articles on the web I can read?
3. If I do install a CAI system in my sentra, would I have to fabricate the fender or change to a smaller battery?
Thanks for your time and help people.

·
Registered
43 Posts
hotshot and place racing CAI's will fit. The place racing can also be used as a WAI. If its used as a WAI the sound is crazy! It gets a little quieter when used as a CAI but not much. I belive hotshot is the same way but not to sure. You wont have to get a smaller battery but you will have to cut the fender hole to fit the filter if you go with the CAI. I recommend using the CAI because you will get more power from it. But if you get a place racing change the filter. The one they give you holds water and has caused MAF sensors to die. Hope this helps.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your time and help...
I heard the hotshot CAI is a tiny bit better when it comes to performance(gains). Is there anyway I can get around cutting the fender wall, Im new at this and cutting the wall sounds complicated...and does anyone know a cheap internet site to purchase these intakes?

·
Banned
162 Posts
Not sure why you need to cut the fender wall. I've used both the PR and HS CAI's and they dropped in without cutting anything.

CAI's are always better for producing power. Check out this months issue of
NPM for an in dept article about intakes.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I know on my friends we had to use a dremel to just take off a very small amount and then wrapped the hole so it wouldnt rattle.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats a dremel???....and cover what to stop what from rattling???...since Im new to this...would I be able to install this myself? thanks

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alrite...so cmon guyz...lets get some input in here...should I get the PR CAI or the HS CAI???....I just want the one with the better power...and no freakin fabrication...I want it to be FIT for a b15....This ones for all the sentra "know it alls"...thanks guyz

·
Banned
162 Posts
The HS unit (for the QG18DE) will drop in with no fabrication needed. It was made by HS using my car for development.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks ksipmann...u convinced me...the only thing is...I HEARd TERRIBLE STORIES on there customer service...FIRST OFF...they send you the wrong intake (1.6L intake) and secondly...it takes them forever to ship...is it true?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Several of the boxes they have used for the 1.8L intake have a label on them that say it is for the 1.6L. It is because they have used a box with a label already on it. They have had a problem getting the correct MAF adapter for the QG18. There may be more than one MAF in use on these engines, but this has not been confirmed. I do not think that this is the case. They don know what the correct adapter is, and you will get if from them if the original intake does not have it. The intake drops in without any cutting. Use a piece of wire loom or split hose to line the hole where the intake passes thru into the fender well.

In case you haven't guessed, I also have a Hotshot intake, and really like it. Highly recommended.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
johnk...thanks for advice...lemme ask you..do you know any wedsites or shops that sell HS for cheaper??..

·
Registered
72 Posts
hey guys i just read over this thread and am new to the forums...ive been through hell trying to find a CAI for my 03 GXE 1.8L and you guys seem to have solved my problem too...where can i find the hotshot CAI? a website or anything would be appreciated, thanks ;] - just an update. i went to hotshot.com but i cant find the intake on there anywhere..all i see is headers/exhaust manifolds, someone help :[

·
Registered
72 Posts
thanks alot man...the only one listed for the 1.8L says 2000-02 but im assuming its safe to say it will work for my 03 as well?

·
Registered
9 Posts
nmE said:
thanks alot man...the only one listed for the 1.8L says 2000-02 but im assuming its safe to say it will work for my 03 as well?
i would prefer mam or miss or something lol...but yea it will fit on your 03 GXE
and from my knowledge i believe that anything that fits a 1.8S engine which is not a QG but an SR20 something or other will also fit our GXE's...with very very small tweaks.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The 1.8S's have the QG motor. I believe you're thinking of the SE's which use the SR20 motors.

·
Registered
72 Posts
haha sorry ma'am, thank you :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
06' Sentra 1.8S HS CAI

It may have been covered but I am uncertain. I just bought a 06' Nissan Sentra 1.8S and I am looking at that Hotshot CAI. Am I correct in saying that this will drop in without any kind of further fabrication since I am also using the QG18DE engine. Sorry if this was stated earlier I just got a little confused. Thanks in advance

1 - 20 of 22 Posts