Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got pulled over yesterday in dallas for doing 25 in a school zone and got 2 citation things one for speeding and one cause i couldnt find my insurance slip but i found it afterwards which is ok but thats not what sucked.. 30 mins later i get pulled over again for brake light being out. What was cool is he told me it looked like i've had a bad enough day and he let me off with a warning but still i have never been pulled over before yesterday and i got pwned twice in one hour.

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
sucks

but at least you can get out of the insurance violation, and didnt get anything for the tail lamp

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
Why were you speeding in a school zone? 1 mile/hr over 20 and they will pull your ass over.

How much is that ticket going to be?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MrEous said:
Why were you speeding in a school zone? 1 mile/hr over 20 and they will pull your ass over.

How much is that ticket going to be?
well the little yellow light wasnt flashing and i usually dont speed thru school zones but i'm not using that as an excuse i'm just going to go in and go yes sir yes sir and take whatever they give me, i'm sure since its my first offense they will just make me take defensive driving.

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
the school zone speed limits only apply during certain hours.. if the sign had lights and they weren't flashing, then most likely it was outside those hours...

If the sign indeed wasn't flashing and there were no children around, I'm sure you can get the ticket dismissed on a technicality.. go to the same sign and do a short video of it at the same time during the day and see what happens..

If you were indeed speeding in a school zone during those hours, then:
1. shame on you. you could have killed Kenny!
2. ask the judge nicely to go easy on you. you were dumb and didn't see the sign, it was your first ticket, you're not gonna do it again, blah blah blah.

shouldn't be a problem to just get defensive driving and have the ticket dismissed.

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
Check the time of your ticket with the time listed in that school zone...since it varies. You could definitely get it dismissed if you weren't in the wrong.

Did you ask the cop why the light wasn't flashing? Just curious.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MrEous said:
Check the time of your ticket with the time listed in that school zone...since it varies. You could definitely get it dismissed if you weren't in the wrong.

Did you ask the cop why the light wasn't flashing? Just curious.
the ticket was at 3:54, the light wasnt flashing, hell my radar detecter didnt even go off so he might not have even gunned me just hated on me for having a loud car. There were no kids, no flashing light, no traffic.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
so where was this area brandon.. ill find some time to bring my digicam to help you get a video of that exact time and spot

·
Registered
0 Posts
School zone signs have clearly posted hours on them. Just go back to where it happened, and verify the time on the sign against the time written on the ticket. If you weren't within school hours, just take a picture of the school zone sign with the hours readable and you should have no problems at all getting it dismissed. The insurance violation is also easily dismissed if you bring in your proof that you were insured at the time of the ticket. It will cost you about $10 as a filing fee or something to get it dismissed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
CALL AN ATTORNEY, they work, I've used 'em many times and they are great, have gotten me out of each one I've used 'em for and they are working on another one for me. Cost is $35-$50/ticket, and then you just follow their directions on what to do. Tell them everything and they will take care of it from there.

However, if you can prove that you were outside the time frame for the school zone to be enforced (which ranges from 3:45p-4:00p), picture required, you could get by as KaMiKaZeE said, with only a filing fee. They usually waive that, but since you didn't have your insurance on you, they may make you pay for something just because. Anyway, good luck, and if you are looking for an attorney, let me know what county it was in and I'll give you a name, I got one for Dallas, Denton and Tarrant.

·
Back in a Nissan....
105 Posts
I use Brad Nance 214-341-9026... Tell him Chris Coyle referred you and he will take care of you.

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
Sterling2000 said:
I use Brad Nance ...
Under no circumstances should you use Dewey, Cheatham and Howe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts