Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week i got my alignment done for the 2nd time because national tire and battery didnt do it for crap and left my camber bolts loose.... so i went to get it done.

I told them when they check it here are the stock bolts incase the camber is fine you can just put those back and give me my camber bolts back. The morons didnt pay attention and adjusted my alignment with the wheel offset so now when i am going strait my nissan logo on the wheel is pointing at like 4 oclock and ontop of that when i went into the shop i asked him if the camber was off and he said yes, we adjusted it and he gave me the stock bolts back... i go home and yesterday i took my wheels off the bastards lied to me!! they kept the bolts and put their own ones in.... long story short not only did they do a shitty job they screwed me over.

·
All Show...trust me!
164 Posts
bkeasley said:
Last week i got my alignment done for the 2nd time because national tire and battery didnt do it for crap and left my camber bolts loose.... so i went to get it done.

I told them when they check it here are the stock bolts incase the camber is fine you can just put those back and give me my camber bolts back. The morons didnt pay attention and adjusted my alignment with the wheel offset so now when i am going strait my nissan logo on the wheel is pointing at like 4 oclock and ontop of that when i went into the shop i asked him if the camber was off and he said yes, we adjusted it and he gave me the stock bolts back... i go home and yesterday i took my wheels off the bastards lied to me!! they kept the bolts and put their own ones in.... long story short not only did they do a shitty job they screwed me over.
Who did you goto the second time?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is this the shop on Plano Parkway and Preston? Cause they did a shitty job on my car too. My car went to the right worse than when I had a blown strut after I replaced it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
first time got it done on plano/preston at national tire and battery... they were stupid left the camber bolts loose but atleast to their credit they weren't careless enough to align a car with the wheel offset like mine is now.

2nd time i went to my parents house in mt. vernon at a shop down there cause i know some people down there and it was only 40 bucks but the morons didnt even know that you needed the special lug key to get my wheels off. well hell they couldnt even get the cap off to get to the lugs i did it for them i should have known better to leave my car with those morons. Oh well you get what you pay for i guess except at NTB where i told them 100 times they need to tighten my camber bolts i left them loose and they still left them loose. Lesson learned: pay the 8 extra bucks and go to a nissan dealership next time instead of spending over 100 bucks on 2 attempts, losing 30 bucks and its still messed up :rolleyes:

·
All Show...trust me!
164 Posts
I hate to say this, But you get what you pay for.
I know Dallas Frame & Alignment is expensive but they do it perfect, everytime.
Let me knw if you want there info...it is also in are list of discount hook-ups.

·
Registered
21 Posts
With all my cars I always have gone to Firestone (Coit and Campbell, east of coit a bit on campbell) and asked for the lifetime alignment. I usually get some type of adjustable suspension and so everytime I re-do it it requires realignment. The deal is only about $150 (if you negotiate with them you can get it down lower and sometimes they hav deals for about $100 or $120) for lifetime alignment. Firestone is good everywhere so if you're in college it's a great chance to be able to get your owrk done while you're at school too.

It's a great deal as alignment is generally already about $60 when you go anywhere and it'll add up if you do it once every 6 or 9 months like I used to do.

·
DNE Boy
93 Posts
I think something is wrong with my rack and pinion. Those firestone guys always try to do something else for me when I go there for the lifetime alignment. Last time he pulled out this detoriating bushing of some sort.... dunno, might need one of you guys to look at it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Imobejoas said:
I think something is wrong with my rack and pinion. Those firestone guys always try to do something else for me when I go there for the lifetime alignment. Last time he pulled out this detoriating bushing of some sort.... dunno, might need one of you guys to look at it.
Yeah that's the ploy usually. They get your car up on the lift and tell you something else is wrong. Just tell them you know about it and are going to take care of it at home. After a few times of going to the same shop I usually don't get any trouble.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts