Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's the deal. My '90 Sentra doesn't look bad from the outside and has a really nice/clean interior. However, the strut towers are getting rusty in the front. So I've been looking at various cars here and there and I've located a '89 Pulsar and will go look at it this weekend. It has newer paint, etc. and sound like a nice car, but my Sentra has a few new or near-new things I'd like to swap to the Pulsar if possible just because I know the condition. My car is a GA16i and I think the Pulsar is too. Will any of these things not swap? Is the exhaust the same routing and length?

- Tokico struts and Sportech 1.5" drop springs
- Radiator
- Air flow meter ( <----expensive little dude)
- Header and exhaust system w/stainless Magnaflow muffler
- R1 racing wheels 4x100

Now I'm fairly certain that he wheels and AFM are a no-brainer, but the others I'm not positive about. I wasn't sure on the wheels if there were different bolt patterns on the ones with the Twin Cam motor or anything odd like that. I know when I was into VWs, the Mk3 GTI/Jetta had 4x100 on 4cyl and 5x? on VR6 models. Just want to make sure Nissan doesn't do anything odd like that.

Of course my stereo system won't be tough except that I think the Pulsar uses wierd sized speakers in the rear panels? Anyone know what size?

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
every thing should fit perfect but the exhaust might (in not sure) need some little work... but the passage is the same.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crazy-Mart said:
every thing should fit perfect but the exhaust might (in not sure) need some little work... but the passage is the same.
Cool. Its just one of those things that I'm trying to minimize my losses in aftermarket and new replacement parts. Plus, I know what condition they are in.

Thanks!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
hit reply instead of new thread

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
E16 Automatic: Major dog in traffic?

I feel really dumb now, as I just hit reply instead of new thread twice in a row.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gsolo said:
actually 6x9....at least mine were. The front ones are the odd ones....nissan never made a normal front speaker size and mounting.
Great! I've got a set of Pioneer 3-ways that almost new collecting dust in the garage.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Every pair of 6" speakers I've put in the coup, I had to drill new holes. The rears are 6x9. I put some 3 way Pioneers in front and Infinity tri's in the back.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Popkorn said:
Every pair of 6" speakers I've put in the coup, I had to drill new holes. The rears are 6x9. I put some 3 way Pioneers in front and Infinity tri's in the back.

for my pulsar i took the front speakers out of the totaled stanza wagon and put them in...same size speakers but differet screw pattern. They're hanging in there by one screw, but the grille fit back over perfectly :D i never had speakers in the rear holes though, just had the schucks special speaker boxes for $10

1 - 10 of 10 Posts