Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
B12 Enthusiast
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this while surfing on Ebay. Says is from a Pulsar SE. Has anyone even seen something like this on a Pulsar ? I can't imagine it making much difference just being air cooled. Seems that you would need to cool the coil using something like ice water to have any real effects ? Never see one like this before and just thought I'd share.

Pulsar Fuel Cooler

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
ive disassembled one SE and didnt had that part ... from wath i know, no one here need a gaz cooler ... and the fact that it will sit like that in the engine bay let me believe it just wont do the job :D

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I beleieve that is a power steering fluid cooler if anything from a pulsar, it's located on the inner pass. side fender on the CA18DE 88' pulsar, I guess you could use i to cool the fuel going to the engine but it's not like it gets hot or anything on it's way to the injector(s).

·
B12 Enthusiast
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
minute rice sentra said:
I beleieve that is a power steering fluid cooler if anything from a pulsar, it's located on the inner pass. side fender on the CA18DE 88' pulsar, I guess you could use i to cool the fuel going to the engine but it's not like it gets hot or anything on it's way to the injector(s).
Kinda what I originally thought it looked like too. Can't really even imagine the power steering creating that much heat on a car that size ? fortunately neither of my B12's have had power so no need to worry. :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've seen those before in magz and what not, though I've never understood why anyone would want to chill there gas. but what ever I guess...
....sence we're sorta on the subject of odd e-bay finds, what the hell are those little chips? I don't think I'd ever trust them, especaly when no one says how they work. any one here know how they claim to work?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
ive seen cryo cooler set ups with special insolated fule rails that run the gas past it aswell as past the intercooler, manifold and all this other stuff. after asking around i heard it did basically nothing for power and your better off just gettin the methanol intake cooler system if your into boostin a whole lot

·
GA16DE
606 Posts
Or build a lil can with a copper fuel line coil in it, filled with co2 ice for the races placed just before the fuel rail/carb
Seems simpler to me than having a potentially dangerous pressurized fuel line runnig around a hot engine
Theoretically colder gas is denser and would cool the combustion chamber too
I don't know if chilled gas atomizes as 'normal temp' gas
Any dyno figures? Or is it just another urban legend?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts