Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a recurring problem with my 2003 ST Pulsar not starting. This has occurred intermittently over the last 12 months. I have managed this problem by waiting for 5 to 20 minutes and then have found that the car would then start without any action on my part.

The last time this happened the car would simply not restart. I had to have the car towed to a Nissan service department. They were unsure about what the source of the problem might be. They suggested the problem might be related to the internal computer. They decided to check and reprogram the keys believing this might be a reason for the car not starting.

They did this but I have been given no guarantee from the Nissan service department that the problem will not recur.

Has anybody else encountered this problem? I am wondering if its generic to this model and make? Is there a solution as I rely on my vehicle for my work?
Look forward to any advice
Cheers

· Registered
1 Posts
I had a somewhat similar situation with my 01 sentra, but mine appears to be more stater related. Battery and terminals have been replaced already - but every so often I will turn the key and get nothing but a faint hum, no crank or anything. I can return the key a few times and it will sometimes then turn over. If not I normally can get it to start by pushing it a few feet or popping the clutch and get the starter to move enough that it will start as if there was no issues. I took it in twice and they said the starter is fine, but I am sick on paying money to have it looked at so may just replace the starter myself, and hopefully that will end the mystery.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.