Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I have a few questions that i'd be greatful if they could be answered.. and please don't bash because of my ignorance :(

First off, are there any 1990+ N14 made LHD?

Are there any N14 that are sedan or is it just pre and post N14?

How much would one cost given its condition being fairly good, close to or rust free and grade 3.5+?

Did they have rwd package or are they all AWD?

thanks your reading :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody seems to have helped me..

1. approximately 90(ish) LHD were manufactured and sold in European countries.
2. All GTi-R are hatchs.
3. still dont know $$
4. AWD all

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
Nobody seems to have helped me..

1. approximately 90(ish) LHD were manufactured and sold in European countries.
2. All GTi-R are hatchs.
3. still dont know $$
4. AWD all
hey, probably the reason you couldn't get an answer is that most people on here are americans, not canadians, and they can't import from japan. there used to be a way to get imported cars into the states, by importing them to mexico, registering them as a good affiliate cars (G35 for skylines, not sure for supras), and then insuring them. it was a way to bend the rules, but it can't be done anymore if my understanding is correct. with that being the extent of the hassle, only desperately wanted cars were imported into the states.

as for importing yourself a GTi-R, there are many import companies in Canada. for the most part, it's easiest if you live in BC, because that's where they land :), the docks in vancouver. for you, there's going to be a charge for shipping it cross country, unless you were to have it set to be registered, insured it and then flew out to vancouver and drove it back to ontario. which wouldn't be a bad idea. would give you time to get used to the RHD, cuz you're not going to find a LHD one.

as far as cost goes, you're looking at over $7000. they still fetch a pretty penny used in japan.

·
800+ posts
822 Posts
I am assuming you are looking to get your hands on a Pulsar GTi-R? Because, the N14 chassis also came as 2-door, 3-door, and 4-door cars I know of in the UK. Basically, they are the same as the Nissan Sunny but for some different body parts. The GTi-R only came LHD by my recollection, since most were straight imported from Japan without having a conversion made to mainland Europe.

·
800+ posts
822 Posts
I've driven one back in England, and it was a pure unbridled beast! SR20 + ITB + T28 + AWD = NASTINESS! I only wish I could afford one. I don't think people realise you can import cars from the UK for cheaper than Japan (if on the East Coast of US), and get them legally, since the UK has stricter emissions. We brought a BMW over when we last moved here, and had no problems making it legal here, even with it being LHD.

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
I've driven one back in England, and it was a pure unbridled beast! SR20 + ITB + T28 + AWD = NASTINESS! I only wish I could afford one. I don't think people realise you can import cars from the UK for cheaper than Japan (if on the East Coast of US), and get them legally, since the UK has stricter emissions. We brought a BMW over when we last moved here, and had no problems making it legal here, even with it being LHD.
you mean RHD?? north american cars are LHD lol. as for my comment, i was talking about the 2dr's and 3drs. arent they NA? and yes, the GTi-R's are beastly fellows.

·
800+ posts
822 Posts
Yeah, sorry, lol moment on that one. Yeah, the regular N14 Pulsars are NA, usually GA- or SR-series, depending on trim package. You can even get some in diesels... go CD20! In all honesty I constantly forget which is "right" and "left", and when giving directions, just point and say "that one". Terrible, I know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts