·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, help me out if you can

have a 87 pulsar nx with ca16de

looking for a lightweight flywheel/clutch

and lowering spings/struts

been told the lowering springs for the sentra of the same year make the pulsar look funny

also been told that the stock suspension is great the way it is

thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ngk spark plugs

anyone know anything about the ngk iridium spark plugs?

I've been told that they burn too hot and will damage the piston.

·
Whore Slut Bitch
464 Posts
I used to have the same car as you :). OEM sparkplugs always worked great. As far as flywheels and performance go... you're going to find out very quickly (if not already) that on a limited-production engine like the CA16DE, aftermarket support is very, very limited, and as always, custom fabrication will run you a fortune. I can't comment on the springs and suspension because I've never really bothered with that on any car I've owned, and especially on the pulsar, where it looked fine to me, and handled and responded quite well... depending on your intentions, there are really only a couple ways to go with this car. You could spend some money doing little things like CAI, but really you'll find yourself very limited. If you're serious about getting a lot of bang out of this car, you're basically going to come to a crossroads wherein you're looking at a CA18DET swap. The engine looks and weighs roughly the same, but is a 1.8L turbocharged DOHC engine. IIRC, a stock CA18DET runs 175hp, versus a CA16DE's 113hp. Aftermarket support for the CA18DET is broader also, with turbo upgrades and the sort... from what I've read the swap is relatively easy (compared to other swaps, of course) and there is a reasonable amount of documentation on the web for this, including archived posts on the website here that you can search for.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the reply and the info. kinda knew that, was just wondering if i missed anything. thought about doing the ca18det swap, BUT, with limited financial resources, I had to stick with the ca16de, which by the way, is a welcome upgrade from my previous ga16i

thanks again for the infor

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
strut tower brace

does anyone know if a strut tower bar from a sentra from the same year will fit on a pulsar?

·
Soon to be GA16it
444 Posts
STB from Sentra/NX coupes from 91-94 will fit. I think even the 95-98 has the same bolt pattern and span as your 87. You might have to lower your charcoal canister depends on the type of STB you get. Lowering springs and performance struts for 91-94 Sentra (B13) can be used and will not make look your car funny. Only time it will look funny is when you buy E-bay suspension parts and mix up the front and rear springs during install.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey thanks for the info!

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
if you want a nice clutch upgrade for your car, i got one for you !! .... just look in the classified or PM me... :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I use those NGK iridium plugs exclusively since I first tryed them. Not only do they give you a smoother idle but they last way longer than regular ones. And they work well with high energy ignitions.

·
B12 Enthusiast
844 Posts
Popkorn said:
Astreamk1 has polyurathane bushings that will fit your front swaybar and endlinks.
Thanks for the plug, UHVPLSRNV just purchased a set from me this past week.

Got like 4 sets left... soon as those are gone, maybe I'll start kicking around the rear bushing idea. :thumbup:

·
Moved on...Ciao!
629 Posts
What would REALLY be the bomb...

...would be if there was a company out there that made power transistor modules out there for the CA engines besides the factory units. These tend to be a weak spot and my buddy got taken on eBay for two modules the seller claimed 'worked'. They didn't. I cracked those two open, also the original on my bud's car and found out that all 3 modules had broken wires between the terminals and the circuitry. Two modules had wires that broke off the aluminum/copper transistors and could not be soldered; The remaining one (The one that came off bud's car) had wires broken off at the terminals, and that DID fix. Back to running.

The only bad part is that real weird crystalline jelly inside...EEEEWWW. Probly heat-sink stuff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts