Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the dashboard in my 1987 Nissan Pulsar and I did not label the wires I unplugged (doh!) I connected everything up correctly, and everything looks right, except there is this one plug and i cannot figure out where it goes. does anyone have any idea. here it is. the black and maroon plug

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
that could be part of the problem....although i seem to remember a plug looking like that on my 87 that didn't go anywhere....just hung there like yours. But I dunno if thats the same thing or not.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I don't think that the black one goes to anything but the white one should.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys. im gonna take it all apart and look at it again next weekend maybe. The white plug is plugged in btw. its just at an angle where you cant see.

·
Registered
37 Posts
takawulf said:
I replaced the dashboard in my 1987 Nissan Pulsar and I did not label the wires I unplugged (doh!) I connected everything up correctly, and everything looks right, except there is this one plug and i cannot figure out where it goes. does anyone have any idea. here it is. the black and maroon plug

I have the Shop Manual the Wiring Manual and the Body Manual (Yes they actually have all 3). If you can't locate it I'll bring them in tomorrow and search it out.

·
Registered
751 Posts
That plug kinda looks like an OBD connector. All the power for your cluster flows through the flasher circuit. But I don't think that's the one.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I don't think that our old cars have ODB, if they do then it's what honda owners refer to as ODB 0. It still have codes but they are displayed through a high tech system of blinking lights.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
this is a check connector... it indicates the power to ecu and stuff. no OBD crap there ;) but yeah its supposed to be munted on the right side of the fuse box..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts