Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently found a JDM 92 Pulsar GTiR which i know is a SR20det awd rally car made by nissian. The car is 9,990 right now idk if it us road ready or not awaiting email. So does nebody know of ne other ones in the us? Also will normal Sr20det parts work on this car?

·
Registered
249 Posts
not the same parts as a regular de-t. you will have to be very sneaky to get it registered legally here, possibly as a kit car you could do it. maybe swap vins with a nx but that would be illegal :rolleyes: and yes i know of two gti-r's within a half hour of me, neither of which can legally be driven on the road.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I didn't see the one under the classifieds where is it?
I didn't think it was where would i get the parts for this sr20det? What are the main differnces? if i got it as a kit i would most likley have to apply for vin eeeh not fun. The GTiR's around u are they ask quick as there reputation? Sry for so many ?s i recently jsut discoverd this car so i know very little.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actully i think they moved it i just found it a sec ago and emailed the owner. I want one of these cars also the 4 wheel drive system in this car it wouldn't happen to be simular to the ATTESSA in the skylines would it? Slacky do u know nething bout the engine? where i could get performance parts/what are the differnces?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sersr20dk said that the sr20det in the pulsar GTiR is differnt from the one in teh s13,14,15 do u know what the differnces are and if u can u performance parts made for the silvia sr20s ont he pulsar sr20? and if the awd system on the pulsar is ATTESSA system?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
depends on which performance parts u speak of, if its a header or turbo they yes its its a msd ignition or somethign with internals then thats questionable. As for the awd attesa question idk i havent looked into the car enough nor have i looked into makin my car awd but i will be lookin into the rear soon for my 89 rwd sentra projject so anything u find out would be neat info for me, gtir comes with a t28 instead of the normal t25 , 440 injectors and the best stock throttle body excluding the s15 from my statement because of my lack of knolege about the differences with it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
found out that yes it it the ATTESSA system and it has indvidual throttle bodies. also herd that the internals are differnct it was only called the sr20det cause it used the same block and displacmnet but other than that.

·
Registered
249 Posts
no they are actual itb's feed by a single plenum. not one throttle body. the differences are t28, 8.3:1 compression, not 8.5:1, stronger rods, a mechanical drivetrain(solid lifters) much better flowing head design. the exhaust mani is better flowing, bolts on the flywheel are larger, 440cc low impedence injectors. the parts are harder to come by since they didn't sell any here, but they can be gotten. obviously it has a different maf than a regular det also. you can run whatever maf you tune the ecu with though. the cars around me i have only ridden in one, it is fast for a stock car for sure. instant throttle response and a good awd launch makes one fun car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts