Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone sucessfully replaced the power steering belt by themselves. I bought the belt and started looking at it and it looks damn near impossible. I checked the SE-R.net instructions and they didn't seem to help much. Any other tips and tricks?

Q

·
0 Posts
Maine_SE-R said:
Has anyone sucessfully replaced the power steering belt by themselves. I bought the belt and started looking at it and it looks damn near impossible. I checked the SE-R.net instructions and they didn't seem to help much. Any other tips and tricks?
Well, I'm replacing the Alt belt also. I will be doing this Monday. I'll post my results when I'm finished. Make sure you get Haynes manual, it will help you out a lot.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Both belts are fairly easy to replace for a novice mechanic like myself. You will find tensionor bolts on the alternator and the power steering. Look over the one attached the alternator and you should be able to figure out how to losen the belt (same situation for the p/s). You'll need to take the alternator/ a/c belt off first before you get to the p/s belt. May as well replace both belts. Install new belts in reverse order. Make sure belts are tensioned. Tighten all belts. Done. I hope.

Q

·
0 Posts
PS belt.....

After about 1.5 hrs. got both belts on, but the PS is the hardest. You must release the tensinoer and loosen the bolt below the belt tensinoer. Once loosened, you need a crowbar or sometime "device" to "tap" on the PS pump and it will loosen.
Note: you should replace the Alternater belt also, it will save you a lot of time and anxiety.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
qinsac
Nissan Forum
Nissan Forums is the go to place to talk about your favorite Nissan model, including the Rogue, Maxima, Altima and even sports cars like the 370Z and 200SX.
Full Forum Listing