Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Icy Hot Stunta
Joined
·
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, you might remember my previous post about the B13 carbon hood with the Nismo 400R style scoop. Well here's a picture of the prototype.

The Hood will be all carbon including the frame. The Nismo style vent will be fully functional. The vents clear Stillen, Eibach and Courtesy STB's, GC camber Plates and all known Turbo kits.

The hood will use the strongest Epoxy not polyester resin and our target weight is 9-12 lbs. This hood is designed to help cooling for NASA SE-R Cup SR and SRX class racers as well as hot turbo street cars. Its a fully functional non-rice hood. The target price will be $500, well worth it considering the cost of the materials. This will be a true carbon racing hood, not a carbon look fiberglass hood with just a layer of carbon for looks.

Mike
 

·
Oh, Herro!
Joined
·
2,337 Posts
Gorgeous hood...

I wish I had the cash to buy it and the power to back up the look.
 

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
Joined
·
6,079 Posts
more power.. check your pm i have a question for you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
346 Posts
yo!!!!!

Yo....more power!......Where, when and how can I get my hands on one of those hoods?!!! 500 is a steal for what we are going to get.......can you give me some info on how I can get my hands on one of those hoods....or a date of when they will be available?......I really want one pleeeeeeeezzzzzzz!!!!! Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
are you makeing these hood yourself, or is someone else? will you have any for b-14's. if so i'd be interested?...adam
 

·
One and only (sr20)
Joined
·
229 Posts
Could one of these be made for the B14?? It is a nice hood!!

BTW: How do you enter the se-r cup. I want to try my b-14:D
 

·
Icy Hot Stunta
Joined
·
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: yo!!!!!

Sentra GTR-1 said:
Yo....more power!......Where, when and how can I get my hands on one of those hoods?!!! 500 is a steal for what we are going to get.......can you give me some info on how I can get my hands on one of those hoods....or a date of when they will be available?......I really want one pleeeeeeeezzzzzzz!!!!! Thanks!
I will post here when we have hoods avalible for sale. We are figuring another week to perfect the prototype hood, two more weeks to make the mold, another couple of weeks to make some test hoods, then we should have some hoods for sale. These wil be the best highest quality hoods on the market for Nissans.

We are going to try to have some sample hood on display at the Mossey Nissan show, but it will be close.

I am planning over the next year to offer, B13, B14, S13, S14, Z32, New Altima and New Z hoods. The hoods will be avalible in carbon and colored carbon-kevlar as a special order. They will be all carbon and all feature functional exit scoops to keep the underhood temps low.

In early testing we have found that the hood can reduce water temps by 8 degrees.

Mike
 

·
Icy Hot Stunta
Joined
·
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sentragtr20 said:
Could one of these be made for the B14?? It is a nice hood!!

BTW: How do you enter the se-r cup. I want to try my b-14:D
Yes the B14 is going to be our very next hood. Check out the motorsports section in NPM the last few months for SE-R cup coverage and follow the links or go to www.nasaproracing.com

Mike
 

·
Icy Hot Stunta
Joined
·
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rednismo6 said:
are you makeing these hood yourself, or is someone else? will you have any for b-14's. if so i'd be interested?...adam
I am starting a carbon hood company with Leonard Carson. The B14 will be our next hood.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,768 Posts
THis is GOOD news--quality Carbon Fiber hoods for US Nissan Boyz.....Just a little suggestion since you're starting the company--dont limit yourself to just the hoods--go all out with carbon fiber wings, lips, hey even gas caps...

Cuz I know once I get the hood IM gonna want more....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
346 Posts
yo

Yo the hood looks AWESOME!!!! to think if thats the prototype imagine what the real deal is going to look like! Yo mike........buckle up cause your going to be getting a lot more business coming your way. Say the word and Im definetly in!
 

·
Icy Hot Stunta
Joined
·
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MP2050 said:
THis is GOOD news--quality Carbon Fiber hoods for US Nissan Boyz.....Just a little suggestion since you're starting the company--dont limit yourself to just the hoods--go all out with carbon fiber wings, lips, hey even gas caps...

Cuz I know once I get the hood IM gonna want more....
We plan on coming out with a carbon fully functional, fully adjustable universal rear wing with a real NACA profile so it will actualy work. We are also planning on coming out with lips, splitters and a front undertray/belly pan with built in venturi tunnels that is proven on our NASA SE-R Cup racer. 14 ot of 16 wins and 12 out of 16 pole posisitons show our stuff works! This front end produces a suction under the car that helps hold it to the road and realy improves both engine and brake cooling. Like the hoods we are going to use epoxy resin so it will take a good hit without shattering, unlike the common polyester. This is gonna be real race, not rice stuff!

However, we are going to do the hoods first and the hoods will probably keep us busy for a year!

Stay tuned, I'' keep everyone posted when the hood becomes avalible.

Mike
 

·
Team Serious
Joined
·
2,133 Posts
morepower2 said:


We plan on coming out with a carbon fully functional, fully adjustable universal rear wing with a real NACA profile so it will actualy work. We are also planning on coming out with lips, splitters and a front undertray/belly pan with built in venturi tunnels that is proven on our NASA SE-R Cup racer. 14 ot of 16 wins and 12 out of 16 pole posisitons show our stuff works! This front end produces a suction under the car that helps hold it to the road and realy improves both engine and brake cooling. Like the hoods we are going to use epoxy resin so it will take a good hit without shattering, unlike the common polyester. This is gonna be real race, not rice stuff!

However, we are going to do the hoods first and the hoods will probably keep us busy for a year!

Stay tuned, I'' keep everyone posted when the hood becomes avalible.

Mike

good luck.. i want a b14 hood as well.....
i cant wait to see it.....
what other colors would it come in ? any?"
 

·
Icy Hot Stunta
Joined
·
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
selrider99 said:



good luck.. i want a b14 hood as well.....
i cant wait to see it.....
what other colors would it come in ? any?"
It will come in red, blue and yellow/green natural kevlar colors. Colored will be special order.

The black all carbon hoods will actualy be a little lighter because the kevlar requires more resin to wet out.

Mike
 

·
:::User Illusion:::
Joined
·
112 Posts
I know of a handfull of Modified B12 guys who are more than eger to have such hood as the Siliva 400R design for the main fact that there engine bay gets pretty damn hot! There are also GTi-R guys who also beg for the CF hood (retaining either factory scoops or CF make ups) and 510 guys who would like to get CF hoods also.

Do you think that there can be a deal made up with the 5 or so guys (please post and back me up here fellaz;) ) from each of the different models for simular hood deals? If so i'll litterally take one of each!

-Mario Walker
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,768 Posts
I would put in a special order if I can get it with a white kevlar if there is such a thing....That would really be worth the $$$ to me....

BTW morepower your future plans sound very exciting--U should generate alot of intrest off this web page alone--Get ready for GROUP BUYS!!!!!
 

·
Icy Hot Stunta
Joined
·
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sr20 B12 said:
I know of a handfull of Modified B12 guys who are more than eger to have such hood as the Siliva 400R design for the main fact that there engine bay gets pretty damn hot! There are also GTi-R guys who also beg for the CF hood (retaining either factory scoops or CF make ups) and 510 guys who would like to get CF hoods also.

Do you think that there can be a deal made up with the 5 or so guys (please post and back me up here fellaz;) ) from each of the different models for simular hood deals? If so i'll litterally take one of each!

-Mario Walker
Well the thing is that it takes at least 20 pieces to break even for the cost of making the tooling. I am not sure that they are that many people that want stuff for the B12, P10, P11, PL510, GTI-4's etc.

Mike
 

·
Icy Hot Stunta
Joined
·
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
MP2050 said:
I would put in a special order if I can get it with a white kevlar if there is such a thing....That would really be worth the $$$ to me....

BTW morepower your future plans sound very exciting--U should generate alot of intrest off this web page alone--Get ready for GROUP BUYS!!!!!
Unfortunatly Kevlar only comes in red/blue/ greenish yellow

Mike
 

·
ex-Super *********
Joined
·
1,410 Posts
Finally, someone with some real good body parts..
I like the looks of the hood, how well does it control the high pressure bubble in the engine bay?? Seems like it would do well to me. When i get the some other mods done to my car(susp,engine,brakes), this is the kind of stuff I will be looking for next. A functional wing,that vented hood, lower dam w/splitter and strakes, front under tray, and a rear difuser. Think you can handle all of that Mike? LOL.
One question though about the wing. How high does one have to be on a B14 to be fully funtional. I have asked this a couple of times, but have never found out.
Thanks
 
1 - 20 of 146 Posts
Top