Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wassup fellas,
Well I'm not knew to cars (Hondas) but am new to Nissan. My Spec V is my first brand new car and I wanted to see if you guys can help me out with some recommendations for proper break in of my Spec V....

Side note: My spec V has 475 miles and I already order the AEM CAI :D not wasting any time, besides I heard a Spec V with it and it sounds way to sexy....

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
HAHAHAHAHAAHA WAAAAAAAY too late for that .... Nissan motors cant be all that different from Honda motors ... and all the motors I've ever built have been broken in with 500-1k miles and they're all still running (hard i might add :D) and will a lot more power than this qr25 ..... why are you guys insisting on 5k miles? if I had to wait 5k miles to play with my car I'd loose it ... right now I have to put it on cruise control on the highway just to prevent myself from speeding ....

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I doubt anyone has been able to keep the rpm's under 3000 for any period at all. That is a complete joke because in first gear you are hardly moving at 3000 rpm's. I think a number like 4000 or so is more like it. To be truthful taking it easy is probably better for the engine. I don't think I have had mine over say 4700 rpm's and I have 3300 miles. I think I generally take it easy but I have used a little oil during the breakin. I made a road trip of about 650 miles and I would bet money that is when most of the oil was used. Good luck with the break in and I wouldn't be taking it to the redline just yet.

·
Registered
172 Posts
its very simple dong dog the engine ie: dragracing every light. but DO make use of the full rpm range regularly. work the engine like how you intend to drive it on a daily basis. and also the ecu will learn your driver habits and the car will respond that way. mine has 5,500 on the clock and it doesn't use ANY oil.
I regularly take it up to 4 or 5k thruugh first and second (not full throttle, just part) and now if you do anything more that rest your foot on the gas the car shoots off the line with the quickness. the last three cars i owned I broke the engines in this way and never had a problem.

my main point is drive the engine in its power band 3K is just at the start of the power band.. and dont let it run at any one rpm for a extended time (cruise control) even at 5k the engine is just barely broken in good. also this is VERY important!!!
let the engine get to normal operating temp before you drive it hard. not doing this can lead to bent rods or worse.

·
Registered
96 Posts
as for the break in red ser has got it right. break the car in how you intend to drive it. i would how ever always take it easy for the first 500 miles and then change the oil. then just drive it the way you intend to drive it. i have built alot of engines and do this to all of them this means toyota,mazda,nissan,ford or what ever. if something works then stick with it. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts