Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guy im new here . i have 94 sentra. i had repalce the engine and notice that it was different. engine look like from a newer sentra.distributor not the same,replace that wit old one,also replace thottle body with old one, and also has no egr valve.i had got it started but idle high then low etc.bought engine online,company to me it fom90-94 and just got to change some stuff.does anyone have any idea about the idle promblem.

·
Registered
123 Posts
mine does the opposite, it starts really low then comes up to where it should be. I know not helpful.

·
Registered
123 Posts
No, I apologize ha ha. I have a 91 a B13 I guess which has its original Ga16de. Well it's pretty much all original.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
There are differences with sensors and the computers that run the 91-94. You never know if a 1994 intake manifold is the same as the 91. Nissan did mess with things because of emissions. so there may be issues with the AAC valve and EGR, the air regulator may be different under the intake upper plenum. YOu should always replace the engine with the same year with modern engines. You will have to strip the intake manifold from the old and hopefully there is no issues with the head and ports on the intake. they did change some things. go to Nissan parts and ask to bring up the 91-94 models of the engine and see if part#'s match up. particularly the intake manifold part # and sensors.

Chris 92 classic

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
There are differences with sensors and the computers that run the 91-94. You never know if a 1994 intake manifold is the same as the 91. Nissan did mess with things because of emissions. so there may be issues with the AAC valve and EGR, the air regulator may be different under the intake upper plenum. YOu should always replace the engine with the same year with modern engines. You will have to strip the intake manifold from the old and hopefully there is no issues with the head and ports on the intake. they did change some things. go to Nissan parts and ask to bring up the 91-94 models of the engine and see if part#'s match up. particularly the intake manifold part # and sensors.

Chris 92 classic
provided he changed the entire engine, it shouldn't be a problem....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts