Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
I miss good ol' OT
Joined
·
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone driven two cars w/ each kit? Curious about the different handling characteristics, if any.
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I also want the prokit. What I've been told there is not much of a noticeble difference between the two. So I'm going with the prokit becaues I'm concerned about clearance.
 

·
Friends of ours...
Joined
·
1,348 Posts
I have the pro-kits and couldn't imagine the car being any lower. With the side sills, the car looks like it's on the ground when you stand close.

The bottom of the side sill, measured from the center of the car is 6.5 to 6.75 inches off the ground.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
641 Posts
OhTwoAltimaSE said:
I have the pro-kits and couldn't imagine the car being any lower. With the side sills, the car looks like it's on the ground when you stand close.

The bottom of the side sill, measured from the center of the car is 6.5 to 6.75 inches off the ground.
But Ruben it is BOSS.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
If you live where its smooth and you dont have steep inclines that you go up, sportlines will be nice, they handle better and make the car look very good. I live where the drive ways are steep and i scartch everyday parking, so prokits are pushin it for me.


Keep in mind if your looking for performance and/or looks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
ALTYHOLIC said:
I like the Sportlines. Here's a recent pic with Sportlines in
full effect on my Alty!

http://www.altimas.net/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=725315

I had the Pro-Kits on my first gen and regreted that decision.
Not low enough and I thought they were too soft.

Hey, how do you like sportlines with the front lip? I am kinda scared, thinking about sportlines when I get new shocks, but worried about the wear on the front lip and most importang CV joints.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
513 Posts
JBL85 said:
Hey, how do you like sportlines with the front lip? I am kinda scared, thinking about sportlines when I get new shocks, but worried about the wear on the front lip and most importang CV joints.
JBL85, It's not the CV joints I'm worried about. It's the strut
bushings that cause me some concern. I estimate 30-40k miles
before they wear out. For me, that's another 3 years of driving!
I'm confident the aftermarket will have some good adjustable
struts/shocks out by then.

Anyways, I love the look of the Stillen lip on the 3rd gen. It drops down the front about an inch. Here's a pic looking head on:

http://www.altimas.net/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=725308
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
641 Posts
ALTYHOLIC said:
JBL85, It's not the CV joints I'm worried about. It's the strut
bushings that cause me some concern. I estimate 30-40k miles
before they wear out. For me, that's another 3 years of driving!
I'm confident the aftermarket will have some good adjustable
struts/shocks out by then.

Anyways, I love the look of the Stillen lip on the 3rd gen. It drops down the front about an inch. Here's a pic looking head on:

http://www.altimas.net/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=725308
You look good and "se-rious" with a lip on.:D So Stillen sells the lip only?
 

·
I miss good ol' OT
Joined
·
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Now that I've spent over a grand with Alex, I'm cutting myself off:) So i'll settle for my fat lip.

SO I guess the consensus is that there is no difference in handling between the 2 sets?
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top