Nissan Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
turbonetics single turbo going in this weekend, actually i will start friday. i ordered a defi boost gauge, innovative wideband gauge and o2 sensor, autometer two gauge pod and a JWT oil pan spacer. i will order my new exhaust tomorrow so that will go on last. i will use the stock muffler for a couple days or so.

we plan on taking alot of pics and video. will post as soon as possible! :thumbup:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
turbo is technically done, today (friday) i will install the gauges (boost & wideband), saturday i will button up a few things then i should have it on the road again Saturday afternoon. i drove it last night but i overlooked a couple things that caused me some problems. being that i haven't had much sleep lately, my memory has failed me a bit the last few days.

***pics and vids coming soon!***

i will go to nopi next year not comfortable with the drive being that my tubo is freshly installed. wish i would have recieved it a week sooner! my Z will be on a different level by then! lol i will use this weekend to make everything come together the right way!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Turbonetics kit looks damn good by the way! i wanted to make the statement that anyone looking to do the t-netics single turbo with after market headers should take a serious look at the Alphawerks headers. they fit damn near perfect with this ST kit. there are other headers that have given some t-netics single turbo owners some trouble. there is a slight rattle when letting the RPMs drop all the way down to idle while in neutral but very low volume. while driving i don't hear any noise. i will dyno just as soon as i can to see what this kit did for my power needs. not sure about the lag or boost yet though, will find out just as soon as i dyno.

here is a link to pics of my turbonetics install http://gallery.thevboard.com/index.php?album=SE-Rckt/INSTALLATION PICS&dispsize=512&start=0

here are pics of the header / down pipe clearance
http://gallery.thevboard.com/showpi...&user=&dispsize=Original&width=840&height=559

http://gallery.thevboard.com/showpi...&user=&dispsize=Original&width=840&height=559

this is my favorite, i took this using my buddies nikon d70 during the install

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
WOOT WOOT! Hell yeah bro!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Turbonetics kit looks damn good by the way! i wanted to make the statement that anyone looking to do the t-netics single turbo with after market headers should take a serious look at the Alphawerks headers. they fit damn near perfect with this ST kit. there are other headers that have given some t-netics single turbo owners some trouble. i will dyno just as soon as i can to see what this kit did for my power needs. i am hitting around 8.5-9.5psi with an a/f reading @ 10.8. my boost hits arounds 3800-4100rpm. i will try to pinpoint the exact rpm later. i will get the greddy emanage ultimate soon and get her tuned! i am hoping for 400-425hp and 380-405tq

the kit is a tight fit but a very well built and engineered kit. can be a frustrating install but very rewarding once finished. everything mates very well, even to my aftermarket headers. i had no problem hooking up the U-pipe from the header to the Y-pipe. My cusco strut bar is getting modified to fit. the flange on the MAF sits too high so the strut bar would not fit. i would suggest you have a wide variety of tools to tackle this job. lots of tight spaces to get wrenches on bolts and nuts. Patience is very important!! fuel pump modification and injectors were not difficult at all. can't go wrong with this kit, great bang for the buck! more to come, stay tuned!

btw, i paid $4400 shipped through avalon racing! [email protected] was a great help and offered superb customer service. Also i bought my gauges from forgedinternals.com. Shariff is the man! i received great prices and timely shipping. Shariff is hands down the best vendor i have dealt with, ever!!

i will do a photoshoot this weekend so i will have plenty of pics of the turbo and intercooler to post! More impressions to follow!!!

here are some for now

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
so, how much money have you thrown into that beast? its looking really nice BTW..

·
Registered
10 Posts
haha man what exactly do you that allows you to mod like this? you know just so we can all get into it and be able to mod like this? haha im jp man nice car very clean and i love the setup...

81 - 92 of 92 Posts