Nissan Forum banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
3-fity said:
Nice look. Can you pick what color you want? Is it just LEDs in em? I like the look of the backlit rear strut cover.
only one color that i know of. yep, the LEDs are in the sills. they look hot, i really like them. i hooked up the door sills to illuminate when a door is opened, the strut sill is set up to turn on with ignition.

here are pics of the strut tower LED sill

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
ALPHAWERKS HEADERS install pics and advice

here are a few pics of my ALPHAWERKS headers from NEXUSINDUSTRY.COM

I will have more pics of the install later as well as some other info on the install itself. I will try to dyno this upcoming week.

the install was a task but well worth effort. My buddy Harrry and I had no problems with anything during the install. Harry had done a header install on his Z so i was real comfortable with him and his work. total time for install was @7 hours. it can be done quicker but we took our sweet time, that is the way i like to do things.

i haven't reset my ECU yet but here is what i have observed so far: my 3rd gear pulls VERY hard. Top end power delivery feels GREAT. the sound is only a bit louder than w/out the headers. the exhaust note changed only a bit but still sounds very nice.

more to come stay tuned!!

BIG shout out to Harry for all of his help and expertise!!!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
The instructions that came with the headers were very detailed but did not state that two additional bolts and nuts were needed. each factory exhaust manifold has one stud. also, i didn't see anything in the instructions about removing a coolant pipe (pic below). other than that, the install instructions were accurate.

*make sure to have all the necessary tools before the install.
*make sure you have time for the install, don't rush it. it took us @7 hours.
*make sure to either save your coolant in a clean container or just buy some more coolant and distilled water. I did the latter
*make sure to have a sharpie or a white paint marker to mark your drive shaft before disconnecting it.
*install the headers and the cats together, this will save some time. *becareful with removing and reinstalling the O2 sensors.
*becareful with the exhaust manifold gaskets.
*it is hard to use a torque wrench on the header bolts. we just used good ol' german torque, good 'n' tight. on my buddies Z's both their headers studs showed five threads, as my headers did once torqued down.
*fender covers will help protect your paint
*make sure to tighten every bolt and every connector that was either loosened or disconnected
*once finished the vehicle will run hot till the 1st heat cycle passes. it might take short while. once the thermostats reaches temp and opens, the car will draw coolant into the sytem. fill radiator and resevoir accordingly

you WILL have cuts and scrapes all over your forearms and hands. my advice on that one is cowboy up! LOL

Enjoy your Headers

here are a few more pics of the install

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Nice to see a performance mod;)

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
god that car is so nice, i love it, but i wouldnt drive it, id be afriad id ruin something, thats why i have my cars. im glad someone can make a show car without needing to put ungodly amounts of stickers on it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
thanks for the comps everyone. i just got back from HIN ATL. on thursday before leaving, i received and installed my corbeau racing seats. they are great! they have an inflatable lumbar that did well on my 5 1/2 hour trip to and from Atlanta. HIN was pretty good this time around. some things were better at HIN Orlando, some were better at HIN ATL. i had a very nice spot on the floor, it was in a high traffic area. well, anyway here are the pics (pics of the racing seat install coming soon). btw, thanks to team Elite for letting me hang out with them this weekend.

other pics of my Z from the show

more pics can be found on my cardomain page and my 350zonline gallery

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/609852

http://www.350zonline.com/gallery/view_album.php?page=1

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
havok2003 said:
I really enjoy looking at your Z33, Zealous. it is an awesome car. Enjoy getting the updates. Keep it up.

Here you go, this is what is next for my Z.

I am also working on geting a seibon TS2 CF hood and the kinetix SSV intake manifold.

Turbonetics Single Turbo and a CF dash kit from EVO-R. Both have been ordered, just eagerly awaiting their arrival.

CF Dash Kit from EV0-R.net
http://www.evo-r.net/product/CF_INT/page_01.htm

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
The only problem I have, is this car:

Looks kinda like this car:

From certain angles. Looks great though, otherwise, don't get me wrong. :thumbup:

61 - 80 of 92 Posts