Nissan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 92 Posts

·
Chupa mi Perro
334 Posts
I can understand and share your same interest in cars. I am not busting you for that. However, I do think that it is a bit rediculous to take a photo of yourself shirtless with your car. I am not sure which you are more proud of, your car or your buldging biceps. To each their own, if you are happy with pictures like these and don't mind posting them all over the internet then more power to you. I withhold my right to think its silly and sort of vain though.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
3-fity said:
I can understand and share your same interest in cars. I am not busting you for that. However, I do think that it is a bit rediculous to take a photo of yourself shirtless with your car. I am not sure which you are more proud of, your car or your buldging biceps. To each their own, if you are happy with pictures like these and don't mind posting them all over the internet then more power to you. I withhold my right to think its silly and sort of vain though.
point is, don't like it, keep it to yourself. if you are being asked your opinion give it in a respectable way. your comment was totally off subject and just polluted my thread! there is a time and place for everything, obviously you have not figured that out yet! you must be a young buck! i know you have heard the saying "If you have nothing nice to say,........i am sure you know the rest!!! all you have to do now is learn to apply it.

keep this thread on subject please!

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
I dunno...if I were to take a pic showing the hard work I've personally put into my own car I think I would have taken one of me actually turning a wrench.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
I smell jealousy...

Though your car looks great.

I can still smoke you.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
MrEous said:
I dunno...if I were to take a pic showing the hard work I've personally put into my own car I think I would have taken one of me actually turning a wrench.
that pic was after a long day at work on my Z prepping it for a show. my shirt is off because it was oily and dirty from changing the oil late in the day. i drove home with out it because i didn't want to stain my seat. i was nasty!

let's please keep this thread on subject, thanks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
♣AsleepZ♣ said:
I smell jealousy...

I can still smoke you.
not a racer, just like showing my Z. coming up with ideas and realizing them is something i enjoy doing. i am sure you would smoke me, i am a careful driver, not too aggressive so i don't really practice driving hard. i have been to the track once in my life, i suck! lol my Z's map is probably on granny mode! lol

thanks for the comp about the car!

·
Chupa mi Perro
334 Posts
♣AsleepZ♣ said:
I smell jealousy...

I can still smoke you.
lol not jealous at all. I have my car exactly as I want it. I just get kind of bothered because all I see from Zealous are posts/threads about his car. He doesn't offer anything to this site other than pictures of his car.... and shirtless self. He comes here to whore his newest project or part. Just seems sort of vain and self centered to me.... goes right along with the shirtless pic.

Zealous, I am sorry if I have you pegged wrong. Its just what I perceive from your posts.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
3-fity said:
lol not jealous at all. I have my car exactly as I want it. I just get kind of bothered because all I see from Zealous are posts/threads about his car. He doesn't offer anything to this site other than pictures of his car.... and shirtless self. He comes here to whore his newest project or part. Just seems sort of vain and self centered to me.... goes right along with the shirtless pic.

Zealous, I am sorry if I have you pegged wrong. Its just what I perceive from your posts.
sorry, you feel that way. when i have something to give to this forum i will. mostly i read other people's threads and posts so i could learn a little something about the Z and cars in general. when i have something useful, something that no one else has come up with, i will make sure to PM you so you could see it first!

all the info that i know about this car is old news! if i didn't post pics of my projects, i would have nothing to post. i help people when i know i can be useful but if i don't know or am not sure about something i usually keep my mouth shut.

I just get kind of bothered because all I see from Zealous are posts/threads about his car.
i'll try to post more pics about your car if that will make you happy! lol

·
Registered
871 Posts
Zealous for what its worth (and that's not much), I like your posts (not wild about the shirtless pic, but you didn't post that, so I'll let it slide!) and enjoy seeing the pictures of your car.

I post mainly technical answers to technical questions asked in the qr25 and b15 section of the site. I am not a show car person, and have years of experience working on cars of all kinds. It would appear as though "3-fity" has just now figured out that you are into show cars. Guess what, that means you may not have technical answers... Which is fine, keep posting your project pictures. There are tons of us who don't reply to your posts, but we are looking and enjoying seeing your progress.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
BlackoutSpecV said:
Zealous for what its worth (and that's not much), I like your posts (not wild about the shirtless pic, but you didn't post that, so I'll let it slide!) and enjoy seeing the pictures of your car.

I post mainly technical answers to technical questions asked in the qr25 and b15 section of the site. I am not a show car person, and have years of experience working on cars of all kinds. It would appear as though "3-fity" has just now figured out that you are into show cars. Guess what, that means you may not have technical answers... Which is fine, keep posting your project pictures. There are tons of us who don't reply to your posts, but we are looking and enjoying seeing your progress.
thanks BlackoutSpecV for being more understanding!!! what you said is well put. i am the type of person that learns from reading and watching. i can't always explain the things i do, even if it is something i am good at. for example, i can't explain every electronic theory but i am good with car stereos. i won't post technical info about something unless i am sure. Plus like you wrote, i am not to concerned with speed for i drive like a granny, i like to show. i love to make things better, i love to be distinct. explaining technical topics is not my forté. Wouldn't want to lead someone down the wrong path. Someone like BlackoutSpecV is opposite of me, he can explain technical things to us the forum members. because of this, he will be involved in more threads. He can give answers with surety that i would not be able to confirm. It is members like BlackoutSpecV that keep these forums going and moving in a positive direction. i feel like i am crafty enough to tackle all sorts of projects. especially the ones i see on the forums first hand (pics w/ write-ups). those are very useful. when people ask me about a certain mod i did, i do my best to answer them with pictures and precise write-ups. if no questions are asked i take it that from my pictures and my descriptions that my methods were understood. i get ideas from forums like this then i apply them in my way, sometimes just the way i see them. i always give credit to the person or car that inspired any of my projects. i don't mind if others do what i do as long as they give credit where credit is do. i don't have a gazillion posts because i only post my projects or on topics i feel comfortable with. my Z is a project as was my 2002 SE-R specV (SE-Rckt) http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=347203 i posted many projects i did with the spec. polishing the strut bar, balance shaft removal, painting the calipers, my amp rack set up, 10 inch sub in the factory enclosure etc... with the Z i have posted certain projects, for example my varis CF air duct install over at, my350z.com and 350zmotoring.com.

sorry if some of you forum members think i am all about me. if you do, you got me all wrong! i will not change for i see nothing wrong with my forum behavior. this forum is not as active as other forums i am on, sometimes i just forget to comeback to it. anyway, back to the subject

sorry about the long post!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
another project:

here are some better pics of my screen courtesy of my friend (backagain) and his $1300 camera (Nikon D70).

screen fits like a champ! i didn't have to take it out of the casing to install. since it is a touch screen, i didn't have to make any notches for front mount buttons either. if anybody has any questions just ask. pics of how i mounted it

i ordered the 03 cubby from www.performancenissanparts.com the screen i ordered here http://www.millionbuy.com/nesnstm7055.html the screen is not vga and the touch screen is not interfaced to anything, the touch part of it is just for the screen controls.

here are the external RCA jacks i installed

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
I wanna know where you got those RCA jacks with nuts on the end for a good mount. My last job went well. Unsucessful and left me with 2 holes in my center console.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
♣AsleepZ♣ said:
I wanna know where you got those RCA jacks with nuts on the end for a good mount. My last job went well. Unsucessful and left me with 2 holes in my center console.
i bought the jacks at radioshack. the jacks/mounting plate is for home application (@$10-$14).

after pulling off the necessary panels. i trimmed the mounting plate to use it as a stencil. then i marked and drilled the holes to the proper size. lastly, i removed the jacks from the mounting plate and installed them into the newly drilled holes and tightened the nuts.

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
zipties are awesome! nice car btw, i wanna see what you do to it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
wow....i hate u zealous....haha j/k....that car is freakin awesome. I've wanted a Z33 since they came out. I'm a poor college student, though, so my 240 will have to do untill i can make some bank... I read in one of the other posts that you were talking about repainting it...did you mean that u were just getting a new coat of the white, or a new color all together?

Anywho, keep up the good work, and keep us updated.

P.S. The shirtless pic made me throw up a little bit... :thumbdwn: (j/k)

21 - 40 of 92 Posts