Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay yall, I've had the projectors for almost 6 months now with no problems until today. All the light WERE, notice I said WERE fine.

My passengerside low beam won't come on. Checked the bulb, NOPE, it's okay. Ground is okay. High beams come on. All of the wires are attatched properly. The only problem is the passengerside low beam. I've changed it with three different bulbs (none are burned out) and the damn thing won't come on. All of the fuses are fine.

Suggestions?!

·
Registered
38 Posts
check all the wiring

maybe something has come loose. Usually what I would do is get a multimeter and plug it into the harness and see what voltage is being read. If it is not near 12V then something is going wrong in the wiring....

my .02 guess

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Multimeter.

Use a multimeter to check the voltages. The voltages at the light will be higher than 12 volts, ermember there are relay's that control voltage to the lights. Check the relays also, when my low beams went out completely the relay was fried.

·
Red line chaser
814 Posts
Re-install the bulb & swap the two relays around & see if the problem stays (good relays) or moves (One faulty relay) around to another light.

K

·
0 Posts
Just a question -- but if you fried a relay.. where would you go about getting a new one?? (I haven't .. yet... but just in case) :p

·
Registered
55 Posts
on my projectors i've lost both high beams, i don;t know if it's the buld or could be a fuse, but i don't think that i would blow both bulbs at the same time. tomarrow i'm going to get in there and try to find a answer....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ok this might sound weird but. Turn the lights on, open the hood, and take the 2 relays and smack them together. Do it a couple of times. Chances are one of them are bad. I used to have to do this everytime I turned my headlights on.

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay...now it's starting to get really screwy. I've checked ALL of the wires with the help of Camppain. Thanks man! BUT......all of the wires are getting power. Switched the lights, ACTUAL housing not just bulbs. and plugged the driverside into the passengerside and IT worked. Tried FIVE bulbs. NOTHING. Tried looking at the fuses, NOTHING. Even when we put the meter to the light socket and turned it on it read 12 Volts. So it's getting power. And the Ground works. WTF!!!!!

Anybody want to swap some light with me. My projectors for your stock ones? J/K!!!

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay....who ever wants them can buy them.. Check the classified section. I'm selling them now. If any of you want to try them and see what's wrong, go ahead and buy em.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts