Nissan Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
SR20AL said:
"Good Tunes without the weight of a killer stereo" is definitely the goal of the buildup. We've spent quite a lot of time and money trying to get the car to perform and while the car is by no means heavy at 2650 lbs with me in it we don't want to add any more weight. 2650 might not seem like much but when you compare a lightly stripped Honda Civic hatchback at 2000 lbs and swap in a motor with 180-200 whp you've got a pretty serious contender despite the 100 hp difference. On a fast track with long straights the 100 hp would outshine the weight difference but on a short course like streets of willow those Civic's are deadly.

More to the point of the stereo. We're in process of the install so we can't comment on the results but hopefully we can wrap things up for an evaluation in the June issue of NPM. We'll have some decibel tests for comparison and we're weighing all the material to see how much heft we're adding. The long term plan is to take weight out of other areas to end up skinnier than we were before.

I've been a stereo buff for years. By no means am I an expert by any stretch of the imagination but I definitely have audiophile tastes. One thing that has cracked me up is that Home theater systems rock plenty of Bass with one decent subwoofer. Sure there's more noise to overcome in the listening environment of a moving car vs. your home but the 3+ subwoofer systems in cars are a little over the top IMO. You can either buy a huge box that takes over the entire trunk, pay the big bucks to have a custom install or learn to do it yourself. Either way your adding weight, which isn’t a big deal for most people but it is for us in this car. While these “killer stereos” are not for me I certainly can appreciate what’s being done. The advent of stronger speaker magnets and composite materials used in today’s speaker technology provides really hard hitting bass out of a small speaker. With the high quality speakers we’re using being pushed by Boston’s killer GT40 amp; on paper our light weight system looks good for the small Sentra cabin. We'll find out soon enough.
I'm really impressed with this car... have you had the chance to take it to the strip???

·
NPM Executive Editor
214 Posts
1punchKO said:
I'm really impressed with this car... have you had the chance to take it to the strip???
On a crippled ignition we were forced to run 12psi (about 280 whp) and managed a 13.3 at 106 MPH on full drag slicks. With race gas, and a strong ignition and some tweaking with our intake and ECU programming we're hoping to go into the low 12's or better at 20 psi.

:) Hehe, more time and money!

·
Registered
72 Posts
love the way the car has come together.
sooooooo, are you ready to sell it to me so you can start another one???? :loser:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have really enjoyed your article on the stereo. I understand what your going for. though my SX will never be as serious as yours weight is a big concern. I want great quality sound and it seems that you will get it from this Boston Set up. i can't wait to read more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think this is well,would this guy be you sure? Or the guy that worked at Hotshot with the very similar manifold? What kind of numbers are we talking about this? I would like to see about this for a drag car that I am trying to finish. Please email me at [[email protected]]ampolletas de alcachofa so we can discuss this more if you'd like. You can try to more about it. I am sure that you must get better suggestion.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts