Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
I am not to familiar with your car. But I had one question. Are you running a water injection setup??? If so, how much has it helped you and/or is it worth it if you run the car at lower boost levels (say between 10-14psi). Thanks and have a good one!
 

·
NPM Executive Editor
Joined
·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MarkSR20 said:
I am not to familiar with your car. But I had one question. Are you running a water injection setup??? If so, how much has it helped you and/or is it worth it if you run the car at lower boost levels (say between 10-14psi). Thanks and have a good one!
I see the water injection setup as a measure of safety. In California we're restricted to crappy 91 octane. To offset this we run the water which acts like a higher octane gas.

At lower RPM's in 5th gear pulling up hills I've heard detonation with the water off. With the water we've measured how much safer the car runs under high load conditions like pulling up hills at low RPM in high gears.

With the JWT ECU you can always turn the water off but I leave mine on most of the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Now how does that work with turning the system on and off? Is it a switch? Thanks again and have a good one!
 

·
NPM Executive Editor
Joined
·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MarkSR20 said:
Now how does that work with turning the system on and off? Is it a switch? Thanks again and have a good one!
The JWT system for water injection works pretty much the same as their Nitrous system. You arm the system with a switch; when the MAF registers the proper voltage (based on engine load) the daughterboard is activated that switches to the water ECU program. The Aquamist pump is activated by the ECU.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
What did you chose to use as your water cannister for the water injection? I've heard people use the windshield washer fluid bottle...true? Does it have to be a certain height?

Sorry for the barrage of questions...

laterz...Jody
 

·
NPM Executive Editor
Joined
·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1fastser said:
What did you chose to use as your water cannister for the water injection? I've heard people use the windshield washer fluid bottle...true? Does it have to be a certain height?

I used the windsheld washer canister as well. I bought a tube of goo (nice tech term) that seals leaks in plastic tanks. I used this to seal the brass fitting I put in the tank.

Aquamist suggests that the pump and the water canister be as close to the same height as possible. So, you basically want your water line to the Aquamist pump straight as possible from the washer canister.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
Thanks for the info Aaron.

I'm considering a seperate tank...just haven't found anything I like yet. Glad to know it'll work if I can't find something that looks good.

laterz...Jody
 

·
NPM Executive Editor
Joined
·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1fastser said:
Thanks for the info Aaron.

I'm considering a seperate tank...just haven't found anything I like yet. Glad to know it'll work if I can't find something that looks good.

laterz...Jody
I looked around myself but with the engine bay cramped with intercooler piping and other odd stuff the water reservoir location made the most sense. It held water just fine when I used it for the windows and has enough capacity to last over 3 (20 minute) roadracing sessions.

Just don't use the windshield sprayers if you have denatured alcohol in the reservoir.
:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
SR20AL said:
Aquamist suggests that the pump and the water canister be as close to the same height as possible. So, you basically want your water line to the Aquamist pump straight as possible from the washer canister.
Do you have any pics?

send to [email protected] if you do:D

That sounds better all ready...I'm all about capacity.

laterz...Jody
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top