Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read in a post NPM will be doing a Project Pathfinder... Can you give us an idea of when it will start and what will be done... Any info will be nice to know.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Where is it??

where is project pathfinder?? I have been waiting but i guess it's not in either of the issues you mentioned above. Please tell me you are going to start it very soon and also that it will be the 3.5L version .... anyone ???

·
Registered
16 Posts
What's the deal, is there going to be a Project Pathfinder ????

·
Registered
53 Posts
VG30E and VG33E had good power potential, some parts were made for it.
VQ35DE, adapt 2K+ Max intake, + custom exhaust.

Would be interesting to see a project pathfinder.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Already did the cone intake, custom exhaust. Ordered Westin Safari Bar.
VB Mod soon, cause the tranny feels like mush.

My friend got a 350Z, so I asked to swap ECUs for one day to see if there is any difference in power, cause I did find a crashed 350Z, and I got dibs on the ECU if this works.

My LE's got it all, except NAVI. The intake makes a nice sound when pushed hard, and my exhaust helps too. I'll more than likely make the hard pipe for it in a few weeks. MAF adapter is the same as 2K-2K1 Maxima ?
Maybe bigger tires, but unsure as of yet.

Is it me or does my truck get like 17mpg on the highway and 13mpg in mixed driving ? Does yours do the same ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
That's tight about all the stuff you have done. I agree with the mpg, i hate it when i hit the gas a little and all of the sudden i see the needle starting to dip. Nothing you can do about it :(. I have had my stillen air intake for about 6 months now, it's awsome i love it, i got my stillen exhaust last week and hopefully by this tuesday i'll get it installed. I have the Nissan OEM brush guard in titanium finish ... and much more

Please let me know about the ECU deal, because if it work i would def get it too, but i don't think it will work ... even if it does initially work there is a chance that it can ruin the engine later on

I have a 2001 SE no leather no sunroof :( , but other then those two i have everything.

What is the VB Mod you are talking about? Please let me know ...

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
C asper said:
I read in a post NPM will be doing a Project Pathfinder... Can you give us an idea of when it will start and what will be done... Any info will be nice to know.
We will start as soon as I get some time, racing and helping produce the nissan vs honda TV show killed me for the last six weeks.

Mike

·
Registered
53 Posts
Jafree, I really hate the mileage of the car. I love the sound it makes, I finally was able to go WOT on a nice road, and what a wonderful sound. Sounds like you are going so much faster than you are. I found out 2k2 LE's have a speed limiter, and it sucked. It's like my 2K Maxima, except I got a RSM now. :p
I'm thinking of switching my Magnaflow to a Flowmaster.
I gotta get a few pix going of my Pathfinder, I got HIDs today, 4300K Philips kit. Hopefully tonite I get to see the difference. I had SilverStars, which are great, but I need HIDs. I thought about the HID Plus H4 hi-lo like on my Maxima, but $499 is not that readily available. I actually wanted a 5spd 2k1 SE, but I couldn't pass up 2K2 LE, had 8000mi, and way below market value. CarFax verified no accidents, so I had to jump on it. You know what kix azz ? All-Mode AWD system, in the rain, what a difference. To think its almost like a Skyline GTR AWD system, and they claim 280hp, and blazes the 1/4 in 13s ? 40 hp less + 1000lbs more make a huge difference :( Hopefully if the 350Z ECU is swappable, this will make up some ground.
What's the fastest Pathfinder run anyway ? ;)

Morepower2, one word in a Nissan vs Honda show....SKYLINE.
Anyone have any connections in Japan, I want the JDM Aero Kit w/ the projector headlamps.

I

·
0 Posts
I got a (my wife has a) 2003 Path SE. With a sunroof, 6 disc indash, tvs in the headrest, dvd player and a PS1.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got my exhaust on and it's awsome, i love it =D. Check it out i'm up to 260 hp, heh.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Where is it?

Mike,

I have been waiting patiently for the pathfinder project. I was told April, April came and went. Now its may. Is there any indication as to when this project will get off the ground? If at all. Thanks in advance for your reply.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
First of all Yes it will, eventually. I hope...lol

Mike Kojima has been pretty busy with some other projects and just hasn't had time to write the articles up. Some of the parts have already been installed, thanks for being patient...hopefully soon.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the prompt and informative response. Looking forward to it. Can you tell what has been installed so far and what the plans are or do we have to wait for the articles.

Thanks in advance.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts