Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 282 Posts

·
g33k/gamer/QR nerd
445 Posts
call me whatever, but what kind of gas mileage are you getting with that car? :woowoo:

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jarek said:
call me whatever, but what kind of gas mileage are you getting with that car? :woowoo:
How about I call you curious? Anyway this is exactly the reason the thread was created, for ANY question about the project.

If I can keep my foot out of it I can get 300+ miles to the tank.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
when can we expect to see a section actully on NPM? not that I'm going to be doing anything else to my GA but I'm gonna read up and keep up with it.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
scrappy said:
Do you still drive the car regularly or just to race events? Are you going to upgrade the brakes? How about getting the ssbc brakes so you and Mike can do a comparrison.
I drive it on the street regularly and to and from most race events. It is still registered and passes smog.

Actually the car currently has NX2000 front brakes, Carbotech pads, Crown lines and motul fluid.

As for the SSBC brakes they require a minimum of 17" wheels according to the web-site, if that is the case we would not want to use them on our car as we are using two different sets of 16" wheels.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
xbrandonx said:
when can we expect to see a section actully on NPM? not that I'm going to be doing anything else to my GA but I'm gonna read up and keep up with it.
Do you mean on the side tab? If so I would hope soon, otherwise there is currently the introduction article and there will be planty more articles to come!

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
wes said:
Do you mean on the side tab? If so I would hope soon, otherwise there is currently the introduction article and there will be planty more articles to come!
yeah, side tab, sorry I didn't click on the link for the new issue of NPM.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
xbrandonx said:
yeah, side tab, sorry I didn't click on the link for the new issue of NPM.
I'm still in the process of creating the "Evil Twin" page... but didn't think we should hold the entire issue up waiting for the time to get to it.. It'll be there in the next day or so.. :thumbup: Only one article so far,,, so you're not missing anything.. ;)

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
myoung said:
I'm still in the process of creating the "Evil Twin" page... but didn't think we should hold the entire issue up waiting for the time to get to it.. It'll be there in the next day or so.. :thumbup: Only one article so far,,, so you're not missing anything.. ;)
I read it after I saw that APR was up.

I like how the 1st goal of the project is to gain .5 HP

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
xbrandonx said:
I read it after I saw that APR was up.
I like how the 1st goal of the project is to gain .5 HP
HAHA sounds trivial doesn't it. Actually considering we are doing something that hasn't been done before it is a nailbighter! Remember this is an all new setup here so we are taking this one step at a time!

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
wes said:
HAHA sounds trivial doesn't it. Actually considering we are doing something that hasn't been done before it is a nailbighter! Remember this is an all new setup here so we are taking this one step at a time!
I know, I mean hitting 200whp without the ga turning into goo was amazing to hear about. So who knows where the limit is, good luck with it, I can't wait to see what you can get it up to, even though my ga's modding is done for.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I guess this project goal is to get the GA up to 350whp hahahaha! :thumbup:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hey Wes, should I expect a fully built bottom end with some serious boost levels for that little motor? :thumbup: Maybe a T3 family turbo? I wonder how the GA tranny will hold up to some abuse unlike the Sr20 trannies. Gotta put it down for the GA boys. :cheers:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Does it seem like the crown brake lines are too long? I have a set and the first set actually rubbed my axle and it got a hole in it. I have just slotted rotors on stock calipers, maybe the brake lines hook up in a different position on the nx brake upgrade. How do the nx brakes hold up to all that power youre making?

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
wes said:
OK lets keep this thread CONSTRUCTIVE and about the car...
Right... You can always send Sarah general questions... please try to keep the topic on this thread about the project car... general questions should be in the other automotive areas of the forum.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
scrappy said:
Does it seem like the crown brake lines are too long? I have a set and the first set actually rubbed my axle and it got a hole in it. I have just slotted rotors on stock calipers, maybe the brake lines hook up in a different position on the nx brake upgrade. How do the nx brakes hold up to all that power youre making?
Crown lines are fine on my car, I adjusted them with the platic holders and they are just fine. The NX2000 brakes are holding up OK thanks to the Carbotech Panther+ pads. Granted a brake upgrade is in order with this becoming a more dedicated track car.

1 - 20 of 282 Posts