Nissan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Slurppie said:
Decent article but could use more info such as cost of cams, avg. labor charge, time for swap out etc etc.

We try to stay away from putting prices and average install costs in the articles because it can vary, plus we normally do our own installs so most of the time we wouldn't know the cost of labor charges, which also vary widely. The info is there for the reader to do his on research on purchasing and installing the products.

·
NPM Executive Editor
214 Posts
Slurppie said:
Decent article but could use more info such as cost of cams, avg. labor charge, time for swap out etc etc.
You might want to check out the cam article we did on project 350Z. We mentioned this specific topic.

http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/july03/350cams/

Mike Young is right about why we and most other magazines stay away from pricing in articles.

You can expect about $1,100 for the cams (there are 4)
10 hours of labor multiplied by whatever your local shop rate is.

·
Friends of ours...
1,348 Posts
Mike,

Whats left to do on the car? Looking for suggestions? Supercharger or Nitrous maybe. Anyone making any real suspension parts yet, like shocks/struts?

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Ruben said:
Mike,

Whats left to do on the car? Looking for suggestions? Supercharger or Nitrous maybe. Anyone making any real suspension parts yet, like shocks/struts?
Thought you had a Spec V now? ;)

Aaron could probably answer this question better than I can., haven't had time to keep up with what's going on.. but I'm highly interested since I own one now... :cool:

·
Drives Hard
288 Posts
Ruben said:
Mike,

Ruben,
Probably the Nismo suspension when it comes out. I don't know of anyone rushing to make a suspension for this car. Forced induction might be an option, it would depend on the kit. Nitrous, maybe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
**my'02altima** said:
Yeah I was surprised to see that you guys put in cams. It was a pleasent surprise. I am dissapointed though in you 1/4 ET. I was hoping you would come in high 13's then my jaw would have hit the floor. Some guys over a .net boast runnin 13's with less but it is prob B.S. Great job guys.
Well new here ,BTW nice site :)

Here are some time a friend of mine and I did last July 2003.
He has a 2002 3.5 manual made 9.197 1/8 mile track
I have a 3.5 2003 Auto made 9.254 1/8 mile track.
We did this time racing side by side. I honestly lost the slip looked for it for an hour tonight :rolleyes: but sure my friend still has it.

Anyway,the only mods I had was a 3'' PVC homemade CAI ( I am a plumber and neighbour thought I was nuts taking things out of my new car lol.

How come you cant do better with all your mods ? I never had the pleasure of trying my car at a 1/4 mile track. Hope to do it this summer.

·
NPM Executive Editor
214 Posts
binz said:
Well new here ,BTW nice site :)

Here are some time a friend of mine and I did last July 2003.
He has a 2002 3.5 manual made 9.197 1/8 mile track
I have a 3.5 2003 Auto made 9.254 1/8 mile track.
We did this time racing side by side. I honestly lost the slip looked for it for an hour tonight :rolleyes: but sure my friend still has it.

Anyway,the only mods I had was a 3'' PVC homemade CAI ( I am a plumber and neighbour thought I was nuts taking things out of my new car lol.

How come you cant do better with all your mods ? I never had the pleasure of trying my car at a 1/4 mile track. Hope to do it this summer.
Different track, different car, different driver. We're already getting a little slip out of the clutch from all our "testing" :) so its probably a factor too.

We're more at home behind the wheel at a road racing course so I'm sure quicker ET's are possible if we practice a bit. But we're not unhappy at all shaving off a half a second from most stock Altima's for our first try.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts