Nissan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
March moves to back issues... They may have been unavailable for a couple of hours during the transition to the new issue....

hmmm yeah they aren't on the project homepage...that will be fixed asap....but they are accessable through the back issues.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Is the Altima Project dead.......
Nothing new in over a month and a half.......sigh..........sniff......

·
NPM Executive Editor
214 Posts

·
Friends of ours...
1,348 Posts
WOOHOOO!!!! :hal:

Nice numbers!

I never thought I'd see non-smog legal parts on the NPM/Mossy Altima. How does that flywheel feel?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I thought it was an awesome review guys; good work. I have ordered the headers and I have a couple of questions:

• What kind of dyno is that? How do the numbers compare to a dynojet? Any chance we can see torque numbers?
  • How long was the install? Had the installer had any experience installing headers on a VQ before?
  • I'm assuming the version installed on the NPM project car is/was the street-legal one, correct?
  • Was the dyno taken before or after the resonator was added?
  • How big was the resonator?

·
NPM Executive Editor
214 Posts
Aquineas said:
I thought it was an awesome review guys; good work. I have ordered the headers and I have a couple of questions:

• What kind of dyno is that? How do the numbers compare to a dynojet? Any chance we can see torque numbers?
  • How long was the install? Had the installer had any experience installing headers on a VQ before?
  • I'm assuming the version installed on the NPM project car is/was the street-legal one, correct?
  • Was the dyno taken before or after the resonator was added?
  • How big was the resonator?
The Dyno is a DynoPack. It run's pretty conservatively and we've done back to back tests vs. a dyno jet and the tests are within a couple of hp. Unfortunately the DynoPack people did not provide the software to calculate the torque. Since hp is a function of torque we could calculate it out but people are skeptical enough. We're working on getting the software for the torque readings.

We did not do the install, it was performed over at hotshot since our car was the mule for the development

Guess it depends on what you mean by street legal but ours does not have the high flow cat on it. If you get stopped and they know what to look for your busted. I say this and don't know anyone who's ever run into problems by bolting on headers and passing smog.

The dyno was taken after the resonator was installed.

The resonator is a 26" long Magnaflow resonator with a perforated core and a 2.5" inlet and outlet.

·
I HEART GOAT JUICE
330 Posts
Yeah I was surprised to see that you guys put in cams. It was a pleasent surprise. I am dissapointed though in you 1/4 ET. I was hoping you would come in high 13's then my jaw would have hit the floor. Some guys over a .net boast runnin 13's with less but it is prob B.S. Great job guys.

·
Drives Hard
288 Posts
That would be awesome to be in the 13s. The launch is really tough with all that front drive HP with street tires. And I'm probably not the best drag racer either. But we'll try it again. I took off all the graphics on the paint. I'm either gaining HP because of the weight savings, or losing HP from the "lack-o-vinyl". Maybe it will all even out. :rolleyes:

21 - 40 of 63 Posts