Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing the actual peak TQ number as it stands right now. The dyno printout in the article let's you kinda estimate, but the graph isn't delineated to a fine enough degree to see the exact number. Also, are you getting the "crackle" on your Mossy exhaust?

It's on my list of mods, but my one reservation is that sound.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Aquineas said:
I wouldn't mind seeing the actual peak TQ number as it stands right now. The dyno printout in the article let's you kinda estimate, but the graph isn't delineated to a fine enough degree to see the exact number. Also, are you getting the "crackle" on your Mossy exhaust?

It's on my list of mods, but my one reservation is that sound.
Its in the article... no need to estimate at all..

With the stock exhaust we topped out at 227.7 hp and 236.1 tq; this seemed a little optimistic but we were starting with a different type of dyno here. We bolted on the Mossy exhaust and the power output jumped to a peek of 248.1 and 258.8 for a 20.4 hp and 22.7 tq gain

Crackle? what do you mean by crackle sound?

·
0 Posts
Lowering springs??

I was just wondering if you guys already had installed lowering springs on the Altima. The stance is nice already with the 19's that you guys put on. I wanted to put on the same sized rims because the ride with lowering springs has not been comfortable on my previous car.

·
0 Posts
Thanks...

Thanks for the info, I figured they would have had an article on the lowering of the vehicle. I'm now concerned that even if I buy 19 inch rims, the car is going to look like a 4x4. I was told the Eibach prokit would be more tolerable. I'll just have to see how the car looks without the drop.

·
Registered
24 Posts
myoung said:
Its in the article... no need to estimate at all..

With the stock exhaust we topped out at 227.7 hp and 236.1 tq; this seemed a little optimistic but we were starting with a different type of dyno here. We bolted on the Mossy exhaust and the power output jumped to a peek of 248.1 and 258.8 for a 20.4 hp and 22.7 tq gain
Yes, I saw those dyno numbers in the article, but I was kinda hoping to see the dyno numbers on the R&D dyno. The Mustang dyno numbers translate to anywhere between 285 and 297hp at the crank (15%-20% driveline loss), which seems a tad high based on the mods. I'm asking because my plan now for mods is Frankencar Intake, Mossy Exhaust, and UDP (whenever Nissan gets around to building my ordered 5spd) Just wondering what range I can realistically expect.

Crackle? what do you mean by crackle sound?
http://www.mossyperformance.com/mossyexh.rm

Listen as he lets off the throttle.

·
NPM Executive Editor
214 Posts
Aquineas said:
Yes, I saw those dyno numbers in the article, but I was kinda hoping to see the dyno numbers on the R&D dyno.

http://www.mossyperformance.com/mossyexh.rm

Listen as he lets off the throttle.
We'll post the latest dyno figures from R & D’s dyno in March's article.

Our Altima does have the off throttle backfire also. You really have to stab the gas to do this though. This exhaust seems to be really good at being loud when you want it to be and quiet when you just want to relax.

·
I HEART GOAT JUICE
330 Posts
I see the project altima now has an AT grill instead of the trenz. Much better, nice move guys :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for the timely update on the dyno #s. I don't suppose you have any pull with the Nissan factory to encourage them to build my car sooner do ya'? :cool:

Nah, I didn't think so.

·
NPM Executive Editor
214 Posts
Aquineas said:
Hey guys, thanks for the timely update on the dyno #s. I don't suppose you have any pull with the Nissan factory to encourage them to build my car sooner do ya'? :cool:

Nah, I didn't think so.
It was a good question that we felt deserved some clarification on our part.

Ha, no sorry! At least I can say with certainty your wait will be worth it.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts