214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
99 Posts
Boo Hoo!

I want the real one... Waaan... Waaaan... Waaan *crying*

:(

Heheh... well, one day I will drive that Project 350Z... Hmmmm... maybe a Gone In 60 Seconds???... Hmm... Joking.

Lata,
KaOz.

·
0 Posts
have you had any problems with the new z yet, i am going to get one but im weary of getting a first year car, espically so soon in the year, they havent been out for long and i dont want a probelm car, i plan on driving it very hard but not abusing the car, but it will spend most of its time at 5000-6xxx rpm's and i will enjoy it very much:D

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
03trackmodel said:
have you had any problems with the new z yet, i am going to get one but im weary of getting a first year car, espically so soon in the year, they havent been out for long and i dont want a probelm car, i plan on driving it very hard but not abusing the car, but it will spend most of its time at 5000-6xxx rpm's and i will enjoy it very much:D
No problems as of yet. This new Z is unlike a lot of other first year cars. Nissan has been tweeking and testing this car for several years....

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Mike, I was asking this on B15sentra.net, but where can I find the Axis S7 wheels? Is it a prototype, because I cant find it on their website. Any info, price etc appreciated.

·
NPM Executive Editor
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
03trackmodel said:
The new Z is a terrific car. If you can get your hands on one buy it. It's one of the few cars I could drive every day and still have a lot of fun with at the track. It's apparent that the Nissan engineers spent quite a bit of time making sure the suspension is very aggressive yet still comfortable on a daily drive.

We've lowered the Z with a prototype setup. Usually lowering just with springs ruins a comfortable suspension but the Z still rides nice.

If you like to keep the revs high be sure to check out the adjustable shift light feature!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I got a question. What made you deside to get this particular model? Price? What is (besides the obvious) the difference between the enthusiast and track models in terms of suspension valving and such.

From what I have been reading in other forums. Other than the Brakes, wheels, and interior, there is nothing else diffrent between the two? Just Price.

-verno

·
NPM Executive Editor
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
verno-dub said:
I got a question. What made you deside to get this particular model? Price? What is (besides the obvious) the difference between the enthusiast and track models in terms of suspension valving and such.

From what I have been reading in other forums. Other than the Brakes, wheels, and interior, there is nothing else diffrent between the two? Just Price.

There were a couple of reasons we are using this Z. First it didn’t come with all the track upgrades so we can plan for future upgrades to the braking system and in the wheel department. The other reasons you'll just have to wait and read ;).

I'm not sure what the differences in the suspension between the track model and the others but I can confidently assume if there are any differences it would be more aggressive shock valving and possibly higher spring rates. I haven't driven the track model yet but all the Z's come with an extremely well thought out suspension system.

The difference with the Track model essentially comes down to a front chin spoiler and a rear decklid spoiler 18" Forged Volk wheels and the Brembo Brakes.

Keep in mind that that the Brembo's are 12.8" in front with 4 pistons vs. 11.7" with a single piston and 12.7" two piston rear vs. 10.5 single piston. This is a big money brake system that probably well out brakes the stock system (especially on the track) and the Brembo name doesn’t come cheep. The forged Volk wheels aren't your typical throw away wheel either. So when you say “is nothing else different”, my answer is yes but IMO there's quite an upgrade even with these two components. Pricing these options even with other aftermarket manufactured equipment and you’ll see the track model is a relative bargain. The best deal for the consumer is that these are upgrades you can finance instead of paying the $ upfront.

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
SR20AL said:

I'm not sure what the differences in the suspension between the track model and the others but I can confidently assume if there are any differences it would be more aggressive shock valving and possibly higher spring rates. I haven't driven the track model yet but all the Z's come with an extremely well thought out suspension system.

The suspension calibration between all the Z models is identical.

Mike

·
Registered
130 Posts
So in other words, save for the track model, upgrade the tires, and start handing out ass at soloII events in the stock class.

-verno

N

·
0 Posts
where did you guys have the speed stripe flame made? i want one of those in silver/red for my spec...or is it painted on?

·
NPM Executive Editor
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
njshfear said:
where did you guys have the speed stripe flame made? i want one of those in silver/red for my spec...or is it painted on?
The stickers were made from a company called Psyco Graphics out of San Diego. I don't have the number handy, sorry.

C

·
0 Posts
The track model is definately the best bang for your buck but wait till next year and get it for sticker.

Nissan has been using the VQ35DE engine for a few years and those bugs should be all but a few recalls gone.

R

·
0 Posts
:D :D i get to drive one everrry day ;] and whats the odds of this happening.. i go down the street 2 over from mine and theres another parked in this old mans driveway.... 2 350z's in the same neighborhood.. sounds like im gonna have to blow him out of the water soon.. i wanttttttt TT :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
what kind of modification do you guys have planned for it.
Injen cai,exhaust
Stillen supercharger
greddy turbo kit.

I wouldd love to have one of these exotics in my garage.
How many are being built. Are there going to be very little few like 300zx was.
Here in Canadaa there is not alot of them.

A

·
0 Posts
mustang302 said:
what kind of modification do you guys have planned for it.
Injen cai,exhaust
Stillen supercharger
greddy turbo kit.

I wouldd love to have one of these exotics in my garage.
How many are being built. Are there going to be very little few like 300zx was.
Here in Canadaa there is not alot of them.
If I remember correctly, there are supposed to be around 30K built a year, with 20K tagged for North America. I don't know how many specifically go to Canada, but I do know you have fewer models to choose from. I wouldn't expect a lot of them up north.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think you guys should put the Greddy twin turbo kit on it, or some other turbo kit. I would really like to see what kind of power you can get out of them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts