Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Have I Hit 12's Yet?
5,326 Posts
what plans do you have for the motor, and what are you looking to do with the vcar? drag? autocross? etc

·
Registered
9 Posts
The car is a daily driver, so we plan to keep engine internals stock, but a boost controller is definitely within reason.
The next step for this car is exhaust, then suspension.
The car will be taken to the drag strip as well as autocrossed once completed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
white_S13 said:
The car is a daily driver, so we plan to keep engine internals stock, but a boost controller is definitely within reason.
The next step for this car is exhaust, then suspension.
The car will be taken to the drag strip as well as autocrossed once completed.
-What boost controller are you going to use.

-How much hp do you expect to get out of this dailydriver on si.

-Are you going to run a 3.5 inch exhaust? (good for boost)

-What suspension manfacture are you going to use (I recommend Tein I can save you like 20% I think... I would have to see But I know I can save a percentage)

Im going to do a rb25det swap in my 240sx but Ive researched the sr too... Let me know how things go.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Raoc435 said:
-What boost controller are you going to use.

-How much hp do you expect to get out of this dailydriver on si.

-Are you going to run a 3.5 inch exhaust? (good for boost)

-What suspension manfacture are you going to use (I recommend Tein I can save you like 20% I think... I would have to see But I know I can save a percentage)

Im going to do a rb25det swap in my 240sx but Ive researched the sr too... Let me know how things go.
-As far as boost control, brand is still undecided. I will worry about that after the engine is breathing more freely.

-When all is said and done, we will be running 14psi, just about the reliable limit for the stock MAF and fuel injectors. A few dyno runs will be performed so we have a better idea of what we're currently working with.

-The exhaust is actually the next thing on my list to address. I have the RSR exmag in mind. It's got 80mm piping, about 3.14 inches.

-As far as suspension goes, what I would like to run may be limited by budget constraints. Tein flex is what I would ideally want to run.. We will see after the exhaust- one thing at a time.

-I hope the coverage on my car helps you out in deciding whether to go rb or sr. :cheers:

·
Registered
122 Posts
white_S13 said:
-As far as boost control, brand is still undecided. I will worry about that after the engine is breathing more freely.

-When all is said and done, we will be running 14psi, just about the reliable limit for the stock MAF and fuel injectors. A few dyno runs will be performed so we have a better idea of what we're currently working with.

-The exhaust is actually the next thing on my list to address. I have the RSR exmag in mind. It's got 80mm piping, about 3.14 inches.

-As far as suspension goes, what I would like to run may be limited by budget constraints. Tein flex is what I would ideally want to run.. We will see after the exhaust- one thing at a time.

-I hope the coverage on my car helps you out in deciding whether to go rb or sr. :cheers:
when doing the swap you want to do the exhaust at the same time, that would be very smart since stock exhaust does not have downpipe.
Running 14psi on stock engine without any engine internals is stupid, very stupid, because that is the limit of the SR20DET. Also investing in a turbo timer is a great buy if you want to prolong the life of the engine.

·
Registered
258 Posts
blk240sxgp said:
Running 14psi on stock engine without any engine internals is stupid, very stupid, because that is the limit of the SR20DET.
Well, thats about the most uneducated thing I've heard in a while. Tell my SR that. It's fed 17psi (and sometimes 20) and a 75 single fogger shot quite often. 14 psi is nowhere near the limit of a stock bottom end SR20. However, had you said that 14 psi is stupid on stock injectors, MAF and T-25, I would have agreed. After doing some Dyno runs on a S13 redtop, Stock T-25 @ 12 psi, stock 370cc injectors, Haltech, and GReddy Intake manifold, it was found that the injectors were at 100% duty cycle, the car was running 11.7:1 A/F and put 221 whp on a mustang dyno. It also started running out of breath around 6300 rpm. Theres my take on the situation. Thanks for playing! :D

John

·
Registered
122 Posts
Nismodriver said:
Well, thats about the most uneducated thing I've heard in a while. Tell my SR that. It's fed 17psi (and sometimes 20) and a 75 single fogger shot quite often. 14 psi is nowhere near the limit of a stock bottom end SR20. However, had you said that 14 psi is stupid on stock injectors, MAF and T-25, I would have agreed. After doing some Dyno runs on a S13 redtop, Stock T-25 @ 12 psi, stock 370cc injectors, Haltech, and GReddy Intake manifold, it was found that the injectors were at 100% duty cycle, the car was running 11.7:1 A/F and put 221 whp on a mustang dyno. It also started running out of breath around 6300 rpm. Theres my take on the situation. Thanks for playing! :D

John
Ouch i was shot down lol, but 14 psi is the recommended max from the factory, what you do to your own is your own thing, and yes i own a SR20DET

·
Moderator/ NPM staff
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nismodriver said:

John
Thanks for the input John.

For us Sentra guys 14psi would'nt be all that smart, not because of the bottom end, but rather the stock MAF and 370cc injectors generally run out around 10-12psi. However, we have seen sr20det powered 240sx push 1 BAR on the dyno with a stock, unaltered DET computer. At first, I was perplexed when hearing this too, but this is probably due to the efficiency of Nissan's programming in comparison to programming found in a JWT ECU or a stand alone system like HALTECH. Also, the JWT ECU seems to purposely maintain a rich mixture in WOT conditions, reaching fuel injector max duty cycles much earlier than a factory Nissan ECU would. Of course this will remain a hairball internet skeme until we can substaintiate it ourselves on the dyno.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Help!!!!

I have a 92 240sx with the sr20 redtop motor and when i get on it it boggs down really bad ecspecially when the turbo kicks in right now i am just running stock with nothing done to it yet just wondering if anybody has an idea of what it might be thanks

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Damien74604 said:
I have a 92 240sx with the sr20 redtop motor and when i get on it it boggs down really bad ecspecially when the turbo kicks in right now i am just running stock with nothing done to it yet just wondering if anybody has an idea of what it might be thanks
Damien... Welcome to the forum. You might get better response if you move your post to the Forced Induction area.

Is this by chance the Damien I met yesterday?...must be from the zip code in your member name.

Going off topic might set Charles off in his thread....;)

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Damien74604 said:
yep its me just got a chance 2 check it out today
post the question in the forced induction area.. This is for question about the install and project articles.. which you can read on NPM.. if the question is specifically for the project then posting here is fine..

·
Moderator/ NPM staff
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Damien74604 said:
What is your spark plug gap set at?

·
Registered
9 Posts
myoung said:
I asked him to check that today... where should it be for that motor?
According to the fsm, gap should be set to 0.9mm/0.035in.

Just for reference:
PFR6B-9 <-- standard
PFR5B-9 <-- hot
PFR7B-9 <-- cold
We are using standard plugs-

1 - 20 of 52 Posts